• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Loyola Marymount

sasquatch

Pretty sad that there hasn't been anything posted about basketball. Are most of us just waiting out until March?

Good game, but another loss tonight. OT. Grabau was awesome, and Melvin Morgan may have arrived.

USU on Saturday.

Not a bad game tonight. The thing I like about this team is that they don't have a single player that the opponent can focus on. They have five or six guys that can lead the team in scoring on any given night. I love the hustle that Grabau brings and I really want to see these kids be successful. They seem like such an over-matched, disrespected bunch...it is hard not to pull for them for those reasons alone.

However, this team does not seem to me to have enough talent to challenge for a spot in the BSC tournament. What shocks me is the lack of perimeter defense and the slow rotations on defense underneath. While we as fans have questioned the O'Brien offensive philosophy at times, I could never imagine such glaring weaknesses on the defensive side of the ball.

If LMU would have hit a few more of the wide open looks that they got from outside, they would have won the game by double digits. Plus, I don't believe that ISU is going to hit a dozen threes very often. I don't think attempting 25-30's per game will help ISU win many games this season.

In my opinion, this team bears no resemblance to any of O'Brien's previous teams. They push the ball up the court after a defensive rebound, looking for an early score, and they are quicker on defense. I see them being more aggressive on both sides of the ball. I talked with one of the coaches last week and he said the focus was to run the team to get them into better shape. He said they didn't like it but they were forced to do it to. I see better quickness on the court, and I really think some players had a break-out game against Loyola--Chase Grabeau adding scoring to his hustle plays, Melvin Morgan taking charge of the offense, scoring and passing well, and Nick Mason being more confident on the floor with his shot and on the defensive end. Instead of having one player on the team doing all the hustling, I see more quickness and hustle from many players. This team is more fun to watch. I know, I know: "Win and I'll like you. Win and I'll believe in you." C'mon, let's not write these guys off after Game 4 of the new season. Just saying...........

BEFORE i even smell the " kool aid" punch bowl for men's BB......jerry pointed out on the post game show last night that the Lions were missing their leading scorer ....and their leading rebounder...let's see how we do when we go to play the Lions again at their place in a couple of weeks.....i'm worried about a blowout.........i love our hustle, etc also....and want to pull for them....BUT joe's teams ALWAYS seem to lacking a piece or two....and every year it seems like it is a different piece...it doesn't seem that he can see the whole picture at one time and get the players he needs to complement the ones he has..........and usually our big men are castoffs from somewhere else.....and are only on the court because you have to play with five.... :(

Anyone know what happened to Kusmieruk? 16 minutes against LMU, didn't play against Utah State.

Overall not a bad weekend, to close losses against solid teams. Have to like Morgan getting 24 in each game, though would like to see that A:TO ratio get a little better.

He has a bruised shoulder. We played better against LMU who did not have their leading scorer, I thought we really struggled against USU, 33% FG shooting won't get it done.

Latest posts

Back