• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Memory Lane

biobengal

IMO, ISU's present struggles date to 2006.

When hiring a football coach in 2006, Idaho State considered the following candidates: Mick McCall (Bowling Green), Gary Anderson (Utah), Bobby Wilder (Maine) Mark Weber (North Carolina) and John Zamberlin (Central Washington). At the time, the Idaho State Journal was pushing for what they called a move up (from D2) instead of a drop down from FBS. Clearly, Z was hired and failed, but I think its worth noting what the other candidates accomplished and how badly the search committee missed.

Mick McCall: now offensive coordinator at resurgent Northwestern.
Bobby Wilder: now head coach at ODU; wildly successful transitioning to FBS.
Gary Anderson: now at Utah State; USU has had its best run in decades.
Mark Weber: now line coach at BYU.
John Zamberlin: is he working.

My point... Idaho State's fortunes can turn on one good coaching hire. I'm hoping Kramer is eventually that guy.

Latest posts

Back