• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Men's 2016-17 Schedule

I've heard that when the entire men's slate is released it's going to be very, very challenging. More money games this year.

Seems to be a trend perhaps because of, as Brad said, the expected drop in student enrollment and student fees.

PBP

As for money, we know how football is a huge contributor to all sports, and this year's money games are worth less than last year. I don't remember off the top of my head what the Colorado game pays, but the Nevada game is $124,000 less than the Boise St. game. So I'm assuming Basketball and Volleyball are picking up some more money games to help with the difference.

At New Mexico, then to Utah Valley and Utah State. We'll play at Boise State on a Sunday, then at BYU on Tuesday. CanCun trip includes a stop at Texas Tech on the way home...then off to Cal-Northridge and Wisconsin. Lots of miles...in Big Sky play we don't go to SUU or NAU, and Portland State and Sac State won't come to Pocatello.

votb said:
At New Mexico, then to Utah Valley and Utah State. We'll play at Boise State on a Sunday, then at BYU on Tuesday. CanCun trip includes a stop at Texas Tech on the way home...then off to Cal-Northridge and Wisconsin. Lots of miles...in Big Sky play we don't go to SUU or NAU, and Portland State and Sac State won't come to Pocatello.
Who are our non conference home games, Jer?

Southern Virginia
Lamar
Montana Tech and another as-yet-not-named non-D1

Not much there...but budgets require more money games on the road.

votb said:
Southern Virginia
Lamar
Montana Tech and another as-yet-not-named non-D1

Not much there...but budgets require more money games on the road.

Plus as is the case today throughout college basketball, teams want home games, period. Even the mid-majors are insisting on them. Unless you have a boatload of money to offer someone (and even then that may not be enough given the difficulties of traveling to Pocatello) you are going to have a difficult time getting them.

ISU in women's play, has been having a harder and harder time just with Boise State for one example to get them to come to Pocatello and play. I think three of the last four games between the two have been played at BSU. Again that's just one example. Teams want home games and there doesn't seem to be a way for ISU to get around that.

Sad but a reality today.

The days when a Washington State, Wyoming... men's teams like that, that have played here in the past returning are long gone.

Makes scheduling very tough on Bill and Seton.

PBP

Latest posts

Back