• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Men's B-ball versus Oregon

notabengalalum

Listened to the Men's game with the Oregon Ducks on the way home from the Women's game.

With the absolute blowout score, I thought I had tuned in to a replay of one of the recent football games!

Oh, Boy!!

That was ugly. I stopped watching in the first half.

I hate to preach patience, since it's such a common theme with ISU men's athletics. But this is a program which does need it. For as much crap as Zamberlin gets on here, I never have understood why O'Brien got so much of a free pass. He may be a nice guy off the court, but he was absolutely the worst men's basketball coach ISU had seen in 50 years. His recruiting was a joke.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but of the 15 man roster, 10 of the players are either Joe O'Brien recruited players or walk-ons. You're not going to win many with that scenario. Evans signed 3 players last month who look to be early contributors. O'Brien never was able to do that.

The team should be much improved next year, at least compared to this year's team.

sasquatch said:
That was ugly. I stopped watching in the first half.

I hate to preach patience, since it's such a common theme with ISU men's athletics. But this is a program which does need it. For as much crap as Zamberlin gets on here, I never have understood why O'Brien got so much of a free pass. He may be a nice guy off the court, but he was absolutely the worst men's basketball coach ISU had seen in 50 years. His recruiting was a joke.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but of the 15 man roster, 10 of the players are either Joe O'Brien recruited players or walk-ons. You're not going to win many with that scenario. Evans signed 3 players last month who look to be early contributors. O'Brien never was able to do that.

The team should be much improved next year, at least compared to this year's team.

Sasquatch, I agree with you. I just hope you are right on next year men's b-ball. We won't even touch the football situation.

As we all know, right now the two "money sports" (football and men's b-ball) at ISU are flaming out - badly.

Great question Sasquatch. I'm not sure why O'Brien gets a pass. He was train wreck for the program. Not as bad as Z, but terrible nonetheless.

This brings up another question. Why did Bubb get a pass and Tingey is under pressure constantly? Let's look at what Bubb did. He hired Z and OB which set our money making sports back many years. Easily the worst hires in recent memory. He had the department in the red financially. He talked of facility upgrades (Bengal Village), but nothing was done. He had personal moral indiscretions within the department that are well known.

Tingey has made great hires in Soboleski and Teichert. Jury is still out on Kramer and Evans. Both of them are being dealt a tough hand because of the bad hires that Bubb made. The program is now in the black financially. We have new basketball court surfaces for both the men and the women. We have new turf in the dome. We have new locker rooms in Holt. We have a new practice field that has been announced.

When you compare the 2, there's no comparison. Tingey has been far better for ISU, yet he is under a pressure that Bubb was never under. I don't get it.

Just my 2 cents.

Bengal:

Very good points. The issues didn't start with the current administration by any means.

PBP

Just for the record, five of this year's 11 scholarship players were recruited by Bill. That is not a criticism given the lateness of his hire and I think his three early signings are a good sign.

Latest posts

Back