• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Men's schedule released

Skippy

Much better than last year. ISU has a four-game home stand from Nov 26 to Dec 13 featuring Utah Valley, Montana Western, Pacific and Northwest Nazarene, plus two home exhibition games and the three day tourney just down the road in Logan in late December.

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2014/8/27/MBB_0827144934.aspx?path=mbball" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Skip!!
So excited!!! I could see ISU being 12-2 in 2014!!!
Have the boys started practicing yet??
Anxious to hear how Fox is doing?

RUHS said:
Thanks Skip!!
So excited!!! I could see ISU being 12-2 in 2014!!!
Have the boys started practicing yet??
Anxious to hear how Fox is doing?

Not sure how to break it to you ruhs but ISU will be much closer to 5-9 than 12-2.....just curious, which 2 do you chalk up as losses???

New Mexico and Washington St! If they lose to Either of them
Cant see losing to Denver, Utah Valley, Montana Western, UOP, Grand Canyon, NW Nazarene, South Dakota ST. Poss have trouble with Utah ST and Bakersfield but doubt it.

There's no way they lose 9 games to any of those teams!!

Realistically 10-4 or 9-5 is what I would bet, but I was saying "I could see" it
Which 9 teams beat ISU? Just curious sacstateman. Does ISU only play Sac State once? 1/22/15

Was talking to one of the assistant coaches a few days ago and asked about depth. The coaches eyes lit up and he said that depth would not be an issue this year unlike the past two seasons.

He said they have 10 guys who can really play.

PBP

RUHS said:
Realistically 10-4 or 9-5 is what I would bet, but I was saying "I could see" it
Which 9 teams beat ISU? Just curious sacstateman. Does ISU only play Sac State once? 1/22/15

It's obvious you haven't followed D-I basketball very closely until now so let me enlighten you......
Great Falls= ISU win (exhibition game)
Montana Tech= ISU win (exhibition game)
New Mexico= ISU loss
Denver=ISU loss
Washington State= ISU loss
Utah Valley= ISU win (home game)
Montana Western= ISU win
UOP= ISU loss
Grand Canyon= ISU loss
Northwest Nazarene= ISU win
South Dakota State= ISU loss
Utah State= ISU loss
Cal State Bakersfield= ISU win
Utah Valley=ISU loss (away game)

That comes up 6-8 ( I gave you another win against Bakersfield) still closer to 5-9 than 12-2.......I know you love Fox but he's just a freshman (not a whole lot of impact). I saw him play as a HS junior in the state finals....good high school guard.....minimal impact in D-I as a freshman.....by his junior year at ISU he could develop into a solid player.....It's good to have optimism.......I love optimism......IMO you should wait until you've seen a few games before you make bold predictions. Even the ISU posters after you seem to side with my predictions more than yours. Experience counts.

I know my share of D1 BBALL sacstateman. I've done my homework on each of those teams you think ISU will lose to and not impressed. I think New Mexico game will be interesting but they should win. If you did your HW you would realize that ISU has their leading scorer back (Hansen- who I hear shoots lights out), leading rebounder back (Solarin- who I hear is a beast and does ALL the intangibles), 7'0 Magot back and healthy this year along with Slavick make a formidable front court, Nnamdi, Evann Hall, Marcus Bradley who can all ball and are athletic! The only real loss is Sanchez at PG and I think Fox and Luzcando will fill in nicely. I'm telling you Fox is going to surprise EVERYONE. You heard it here!!! You said you saw him play in the state championship game his junior year- that was probably his worst game of the year. I believe he even fouled out that game.
Anyway I guess that's why they play the game!
P.S. I think you will like the freshman at Sac State- Justin Strings

sacstateman said:
BTW....We'll see who comes closer to being right at the end of December....I say 6-8 including exhibitions

Sacman, four seems a bit low; did you see the two guaranteed wins in there?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the freshmen PGs redshirts this year. In talking with the coaches, they are leaning toward redshirting 3 freshmen. Nicolds and Topolovic are obvious candidates, along with either Fox or Luzcando. They also like Ben Wilson at point. Nothing is set in stone and things can change as circumstances evolve, but right now I'd say it's 50-50 we see a freshman PG redshirt.

I hear a lot about kids being red shirted this season, mainly, Topalovic, Nicolds, Smith, and now possibly either Fox or Luzcando. Help me to understand why they would redshirt these four. Is it because they feel they will be a bigger impact in the future and don't want to burn a year of eligibility? Topalivic is a 7 footer, Nicolds 6'7 and athletic, Smith 6'5 and athletic, and either freshman pg are highly spoken of. Is this a calculated move to stack the team for the future, do the coaches feel they need a year to develop, or is it simply their positions are taken by upperclassman? Or is there another reason?

bengalmama said:
I hear a lot about kids being red shirted this season, mainly, Topalovic, Nicolds, Smith, and now possibly either Fox or Luzcando. Help me to understand why they would redshirt these four. Is it because they feel they will be a bigger impact in the future and don't want to burn a year of eligibility? Topalivic is a 7 footer, Nicolds 6'7 and athletic, Smith 6'5 and athletic, and either freshman pg are highly spoken of. Is this a calculated move to stack the team for the future, do the coaches feel they need a year to develop, or is it simply their positions are taken by upperclassman? Or is there another reason?
Probably a combination of all of the above. The two big freshmen obviously could benefit from a year in the weight room and greater physical maturity. Both Fox and Luzcando have the skills to contribute early, but you'd like to space your PGs out so they're not graduating in the same year. Right now, ISU can go two deep at every position and play only one true freshman. If you don't have to play them, it's great to give them a year to get stronger, learn the system, acclimate socially and academically. Because of eligibility issues and injuries last year, ISU didn't have that luxury.

RUHS said:
Ah man! I really hope they don't redshirt Fox!
They may be looking at Luzcando's size as an asset (BTW it is an asset at point), and looking to give Ian a year to build his body to take the rigors of D-I ball. Not all bad RUHS, I don't think a redshirt year would hurt him. He needs to be able to understand the offense well enough to be able to get at least 4 assists per game. Lets hope he progresses to that point.

RUHS said:
Ah man! I really hope they don't redshirt Fox!
We'll see RUHS. Might be a good thing for him in the long run. I think the two true freshmen who played for ISU last year would have really benefitted from redshirting, but because of eligibility and injury problems, they had to play. You really can't underestimate the value of that extra year of maturity.

Latest posts

Back