• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Michael Dean will not play much at RB

Coach Kramer said running back Michael Dean is too small and will take a pounding if he carries the ball more than 3 or 4 carries per game this season. MD is small but plays Big. As of today, Michael Dean currently has the best average per carry out of all the running backs on the team. MD is averaging 13.8 yards per carry after 5 games which is 2-1/2 times better than our starting running back in Jakori Ford who is averaging 5.0 per carry after 5 games. I will say Jakori Ford deserves to be the starting running back because he is a senior, and plays well in games but MD to me deserves more carries per game based on his stats. It is a waste of talent to limit him to just 3 or 4 carries per game. MD could make the difference in winning a game which was true during the Sacramento State game as he delivered two long runs for TD"S. What not give MD for carries? He seems to like scoring TD's

As a family friend of the Deans, he's good with where he is on the pecking order. He knows the work he needs to continue putting in at practice and the opportunities during games to earn his spot. He's still young and figuring out the college life on and off the field. We'll see more of him in the field on the future, but he's about his team and coaches and the path he needs to take to get into that starting line up. I know your a fan Up, but lets not put too much pressure on him or the coaches on where we think he should be. We'll see him and his full potential soon enough. Many of the players read this and remember, he's a freshmen earning his right of passage on the field.

This is D1 football. You are kidding, right? MD was the leading rusher in California and the third leading rusher in the nation as a senior. If he was bigger he could have gone to any FBS school he wanted. Kramer job is to win games and play the players that gives him the best chance at winning regardless of college class, age, or size.

up for the challenge said:
This is D1 football. You are kidding, right? MD was the leading rusher in California and the third leading rusher in the nation as a senior. If he was bigger he could have gone to any FBS school he wanted. Kramer job is to win games and play the players that gives him the best chance at winning regardless of college class, age, or size.

Kramer is doing that.

bhumble said:

Kramer is doing that.

Kramer is doing what? Kramer has limited MD to 3 or 4 carries per game because he feels he may get hurt? Come'on man! Really? MD had 4 carries for 154 yards and two TD' against Sacramento State and what does Kramer do in the Portland State game?...he rewards MD by giving him 3 carries because he is afraid he will take a pounding. ...and by the way MD still had the best rushing average for the day on the ISU team with only 3 carries.

Folks:

I appreciate the passion that some have on this topic but the reality is Mike Kramer is the head coach and Michael Dean is only going to get three, four, five carries a game right now. That is not going to change in the near future.

PBP

PBP said:
Folks:

I appreciate the passion that some have on this topic but the reality is Mike Kramer is the head coach and Michael Dean is only going to get three, four, five carries a game right now. That is not going to change in the near future.

PBP

Yep, you are exactly right and that is why are rushing game will not do well this season. Time to go back to hurry up offense and pass pass pass or three and out. MD came here to play otherwise he would have probably gone to Azusa Pacific who are currently 5-0 and he probably would have been starting or playing a lot.

bhumble said:

Kramer is doing that.

Kramer is doing what? Kramer has limited MD to 3 or 4 carries per game because he feels he may get hurt? Come'on man! Really? MD had 4 carries for 154 yards and two TD' against Sacramento State and what does Kramer do in the Portland State game?...he rewards MD by giving him 3 carries because he is afraid he will take a pounding. ...and by the way MD still had the best rushing average for the day on the ISU team with only 3 carries.

playing the players that give him the best chance to win. Not only this year but in the future.

Like PBP said, Kramer is the head coach and will not allow MD to carry the ball more than 2 or 3 or 4 times in a game. Kramer knows what is best for MD and his team as he is responsible for his program

spartan said:
seriously - why do you start these circular argument threads...?

Circular argument threads? Read the topic letuknow. Kramer gave his reasons to why MD will not carry the ball much this season which I happen to disagree with. I gave my reasons to why MD should carry the ball more than his current carries but like PBP said Kramer is the head coach so he can do what he wants to do with his team as he is responsible at the end of the day. For me, I will not change my opinion until I see more carries per game for MD. He has shown to me why he deserves more carries.

spartan said:
seriously - why do you start these circular argument threads...?

Circular argument threads? Read the topic letuknow. Kramer gave his reasons to why MD will not carry the ball much this season which I happen to disagree with. I gave my reasons to why MD should carry the ball more than his current carries but like PBP said Kramer is the head coach so he can do what he wants to do with his team as he is responsible at the end of the day. For me, I will not change my opinion until I see more carries per game for MD. He has shown to me why he deserves more carries.

Up:

And your opinion of the situation is perfectly fine. However I'd suggest that after the first two or three threads / comments restating the same opinion, that everyone understands where you are coming from and there's no need to repeat it.

And as I've stated you can continue to comment as many times as you wish that's your prerogative although personally I think it is a waste of time...but it is not going to change anything, not one iota regardless of how many time you feel Michael Dean should be getting X number of carries more than he is doing now.

He may get more carries in the future as he develops physically and mentally around the game in a season or two, but it is not going to happen now. It is not going to happen yesterday and it is not going to happen the rest of this season.

PBP

I completely understand the idea that Michael Dean is small and he will take a beating running between the tackles. But as many of you have said, get the best players on the field to win and Michael Dean is easily one of the best 11 offensive players. Its about the coaches getting creative with him. Get him on the field by:

1. Line him up in a slot and run jet sweeps with him. Hand it off to him sometimes so he can get an edge or use him as a decoy to open the box so Flanagan, Ford, or James "The Constitution" Madison have a little more room to run.

2. Keep him in the slot or put him outside and run bubble screens or tunnel screens. Have this on a check with me play. Running play strong side / screen backside. Allow Tanner to make decision at line as to what play to run.

3. Line him up at RB. Let him run his 3 plays and set up some slow screens for him.

4. Teach him to return punts and kickoffs. He has more speed, quickness, and agility than any of their other returners.

No matter what. If he is on the field, defenses have to account for him. It will open up other plays and let other players move the sticks. When needed give him the ball.

ISU has used Mike at times in the first point you brought up and he has been in the backline for kickoffs...him and Jakori to keep the opponent from kicking "away" from the return man.

PBP

Guys, let the young man grow up. He will be in the record books if he stays health. What the Big Human is doing is on point in my opinion. MD is going to be a great one but let's be patient.

Most of you may not remember Alfredo Anderson, who was maybe the most electric back ever at ISU, but he got too many packs early in his career and he was essential a no-show his Jr. and Sr years. High school to FCS is a big deal. Relax, you go MD! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Having a forum like this, to come and talk to each other about our favorite football team. We should NOT expect everyone to agree on things we talk about. Disagreement is a good things. Being a good listener really helps. When we listen we show respect. I am a die-hard Gonzaga basketball fan, and I played basketball there, and I often go to that forum to talk with Gonzaga fans, and many have become friends. The forum has a pretty large following as you might expect, and one thing that makes it good is that everyone has a chance to be heard. And yes, we do have our problems to work out and sometimes that takes time. Faithful fans often get pretty emotional and sometimes speak out of a kind of disappointment when they lose. My hope is that this forum can grow and become a place where we can come and build a solid community of ISU football fans. Let's disagree when we need to, but let's not get into name calling. There should be a place here for anyone who wants to come and talk with us.

I like Mike Dean a lot, but I also know how important it is to trust our coach and support him. Kramer IS a good coach. He's proven that. I hope ISU and it's fans give him to to prove that at ISU.

Latest posts

Back