• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Misery Loves Company

iSU sucks as much as anyone. At the end of the day Weber ends up with a better record than ISU.
This football program is sick and has been since Larry left.

Not gonna lie, this program is sick. It will get better, but you gotta have patience. I get the video game mentality most people have. I mean, it would be great to just reset and reboot and have instant success. It would have been a quick fix to bring in a bunch of high risk JC players, but you never would have regained scholarships, practice time, or playoff eligibility.

Things you gotta keep in mind and have probably been said already. A lot of the players Larry had there wouldn't have qualified academically to play for ISU now. Larry may have had some winning records, but his players didn't help grad rates or the beginning of APR numbers. He helped cause some of the crap we're seeing. Zamberlin couldn't pull his head out of his ass and came close to killing the program entirely. You don't recover from that in one season. You just don't.

Here are some good things I like. The players are young and promising. They are smart. The staff is pretty good and show promise to move up to bigger programs. Larry's first few staffs were like that, but then they got really stagnant and nobody moved up. The turf is finally decent. The lockerrooms are better. The practice field is less than a year away. The APR BS is clearing up, and in another year or 2, you can take a little bit more of a risk on a player or two who you wouldn't even touch or look at now.

Here are some things I don't like. No DC. Kramer coaching positions. Kramer needs to be the head coach and delegate that other stuff. The defense is still bad. The schedule!!!!!!!!!!!! Prostituting the football program out for giant paydays is BAD for the program. I get that they say they need that money for other things. Stop it anyway! Schedule one I-A/FBS program, and for the next two years, schedule two NAIA, D-2, or non-scholarship FCS programs for HOME. Quit throwing your program under the bus for the sake of an extra softball or golf scholarship.

This isn't a one or two year rebuilding project. It is getting better, but it will take some time. That's not saying that everything is going the right direction. The scheduling is beyond stupid and won't help make anything better.

Let's go Bengals!

Being an ISU fan is soooooo hard. This last game was so torturous to watch we left early. I could handle losing if we did not make such egregious errors like three dropped passes in a row. I felt like I was back in the zamberlin era again. Please I do not want to go back there.....

Just a point of information when considering the need for so-called "money games" by the football program:

ISU will soon have to add another women's sport to its athletic program in order to meet Title IX requirements and keep the entire program eligible for NCAA participation. That requirement will force the department to begin offering more scholarships and have another coaching staff in place, which of course, means even more money needed to keep athletics afloat.

Next year ISU football plays at two PAC-12 schools, Washington and Utah.

bhumble said:
This football program is sick

Actually, it's not. The program is recovering from a debilitating illness, true, but the medication is working. As disappointing as the second half was, the play and discipline was still much improved over the Zamberlin era. Would have been great to win, but my prediction of 3-4 wins is still very feasible, and that's something I will be content with (for now).

No loss of optimism here. Still building.

votb said:
Next year ISU football plays at two PAC-12 schools, Washington and Utah.

Super. I hope the kids have fun as it's all about the "experience", or so I've been told. :roll:

FYI, I put together a compilation of ISU's schedule since Lewis's first year; see link below. I would upload it here but there are severe restrictions on photo sizes. IMO, the trend is obvious.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/albums/y427/biobengal/

My transformation into a sad, old, bitter and uncaring fan of Bengal athletics is nearly complete.

Irwin M. Fletcher said:
bhumble said:
This football program is sick

Actually, it's not. The program is recovering from a debilitating illness, true, but the medication is working. As disappointing as the second half was, the play and discipline was still much improved over the Zamberlin era.

With all due respect, Irwin, what game were you watching?
This game performance resembled a Zamberlin era game to a tee in the second half. Plain awful. :thumbdown:
Bright spot was Josh Hill. Period. :nod:

Latest posts

Back