• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Montana Fires O'Day, Pflugrad

SLCBengal

Trouble in Missoula...

The University of Montana has fired athletic director Jim O’Day and head football coach Robin Pflugrad.

Assistant athletic director Greg Sundberg sent this notice to the Grizzly Scholarship Association board of directors this morning:

“It is with great sadness that I inform you all that this morning our Athletic Director, Jim O'Day and Head Football Coach Robin Pflugrad were released of their duties as of 8:00 a.m. this morning. It will be a very difficult time for all of us in the coming days and I would ask that you stay positive.

Read more: Missoulian: Univiersity of Montana Fires Football Coach, Athletic Director

A few years ago, when ISU and Montana State has some challenges--it was nothing for Montana fans to refer to the Bobcats and Bengals as teams of lowlifes and thugs.

Now that the tables are turned and Montana is having its days in hell, I cannot find any joy in it. Years ago, I thought I would, but really I feel bad for the Grizzlies and their fans.

There are going to be some very trying times in Missoula and from what I am reading, it may get worse before it gets better. I wish them the best of luck--they are a conference member.

From one who knows the agony of watching a 6'4" 240 lb. linebacker cry real tears following a successful outcome to his criminal case that, nonetheless ended his athletic career at ISU I find no joy in whatever Montana may or may not be going through.

I agree Cub and Pocatato these are real people who have real families. These people have emotions just like all of us.

I am not excusing any misconduct on the part of athletes, if such misconduct is established by the facts. I just don't know the facts. It is the administration and fans of the University of Montana that I feel for. Violence against women (and other male students) must be addressed when it is alleged and steps taken to help prevent re-occurrences. No one deserves to be sexually assaulted or battered. Most young people get that.

Latest posts

Back