• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Montana State Thread

Looking forward to a great game this weekend. Sounds like we get a few more of our starters back for you guys.
It's homecoming for us, so I would expect a sold out + stadium for this game, so it should be rockin'.

Anybody coming out for the game?

barechestcat said:
Looking forward to a great game this weekend. Sounds like we get a few more of our starters back for you guys.
It's homecoming for us, so I would expect a sold out + stadium for this game, so it should be rockin'.

Anybody coming out for the game?

wish I could go
icon_mad.gif

how much would you estimate to be there?

Should be a hell of a game. I am hoping the team that played on the road against NAU and CU makes the plane ride home this time cause I sure would like to see them in person.

Crowd I would expect to be around 13,500 or so with a sellout for homecoming. Even after the Chadron and UC Davis debacles we still had an announced crowd of around 12,300. There weren't that many there, but it wasn't too much under that so the fans are still sticking around and should be hungry to see the team perform this weekend.

And if anyone is going to make it out to Bozeman for the game, be sure to check out the tailgate map on BobcatNation at http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/map/tailgate_map.php and stop by one of the tailgates for a beer, grub and football talk!

This is going to be a very entertaining game, I believe. Will PSU bounce-back from a tough loss? Will Dr. Jekyl or Dr. Hyde show up for the cats?

Bottom line is, if either team expects to compete for the BSC title, they must win this game. That alone should make it a great game. Good luck to both teams.

First visit to a very well laid out site. But where is the smack board? May come in handy Monday morning after a big Cat win in Bozeman.

Walkon79 said:
First visit to a very well laid out site. But where is the smack board? May come in handy Monday morning after a big Cat win in Bozeman.

I guess if one looks at stats, it's if Carpenter throws INTs or not that leads to your success. I think it's safe to assume that you won't run the ball, so I guess the big question is how we deal with your passing attack...

martymoose said:
Walkon79 said:

I guess if one looks at stats, it's if Carpenter throws INTs or not that leads to your success. I think it's safe to assume that you won't run the ball, so I guess the big question is how we deal with your passing attack...

Why is that safe to say? Our true freshman running back got his first collegiate start against NAU, and shredded them for 192. We get three players back, two of which are all-conference on the defense.

PSU's defense has me very worried, however. They lead the Sky in turnovers taken and we lead in turnovers given. Gulp.

martymoose said:
Walkon79 said:

Not so fast my friend! Mason had a buck ninety-two last week with two touchdowns. I realize that NAU's D is not as good as PSU's but it was no fluke. I'll tell you this much....he is better than anyone the griz have and he is only a freshman. Good luck this Saturday but not too much.
icon_wink.gif

MM7CAT said:
martymoose said:
Walkon79 said:

Not so fast my friend! Mason had a buck ninety-two last week with two touchdowns. I realize that NAU's D is not as good as PSU's but it was no fluke. I'll tell you this much....he is better than anyone the griz have and he is only a freshman. Good luck this Saturday but not too much.
icon_wink.gif

I second that. We need to have balance the rest of the year to compete. Carpenter can throw in given time in the pocket.

MM7CAT said:
martymoose said:
Walkon79 said:

icon_wink.gif

The only reason I say that is because in every loss, he has an INT. In every win, he has none...

martymoose said:
MM7CAT said:
martymoose said:
Walkon79 said:

icon_wink.gif

The only reason I say that is because in every loss, he has an INT. In every win, he has none...

So, no INT, the 'Cats run and pass- 'Cats win!! Simple enough.

Seriously, I hope it's a really good game.

I think Marty Moose makes a good point. I do think it goes deeper then whether Carp throws INT's or not however.
As to the run, I think the Bobcats are going to have to utilize some misdirection and pulling lineman in order to capitalize on what looked like a very aggressive defense. Perhaps late in the game we can have success inbetween the tackles. But, I don't see it happening early.

To me, this game is won by who wins the "flat out war" in the trenches.

barechestcat said:
I think Marty Moose makes a good point. I do think it goes deeper then whether Carp throws INT's or not however.
As to the run, I think the Bobcats are going to have to utilize some misdirection and pulling lineman in order to capitalize on what looked like a very aggressive defense. Perhaps late in the game we can have success inbetween the tackles. But, I don't see it happening early.

To me, this game is won by who wins the "flat out war" in the trenches.

to true

a battle it will be

This is for MSU's season so they are going to come out with some fire. PSU will put up a great fight but come out on the losing end. 27-20

I would also like to say that it is nice to see you guys putting together a forum. Hopefully the other teams in the Sky will follow the lead of the cats, griz, and now the Viks.

orsalak said:
This is for MSU's season so they are going to come out with some fire. PSU will put up a great fight but come out on the losing end. 27-20

I would also like to say that it is nice to see you guys putting together a forum. Hopefully the other teams in the Sky will follow the lead of the cats, griz, and now the Viks.

Yikes, the weather looks like it'll be in the 40s, rain, and wind. Wonder if this will play a role in the game...

Weather as of 8:30 am game day: rain coming down pretty much all night and this morning so far. Current temp is 47 (feels like 42). Slight breeze maybe 6-8 mph. Supposed to pretty much rain all game; time to get out the rain gear
icon_smile.gif

Perfect game weather right?!

barechestcat said:
Weather as of 8:30 am game day: rain coming down pretty much all night and this morning so far. Current temp is 47 (feels like 42). Slight breeze maybe 6-8 mph. Supposed to pretty much rain all game; time to get out the rain gear
icon_smile.gif

Perfect game weather right?!

Sounds like football weather. ;-)

Latest posts

Back