• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

More Shoes Dropping-Utah Invited to PAC-10

Skippy

Per ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5293329

And in anticipation of Spartan's rejoinder, this COULD, emphasis on could, impact ISU because the MWC might go trolling for new members from the WAC, which could lead to the WAC stepping up its pursuit of Big Sky schools.

All speculation at this point, of course, but entertaining nonetheless.

The Pac 10 invites Utah and Colorado and the college football world shrugs... I shrug too and I attended Utah. I was kind of hoping for mass carnage with Texas and Oklahoma ending up in the same conference as Washington State.... perhaps exposing the game at that level for what it is... minor league football. Oh well, maybe next year.

(wouldn't want to disappoint)

nothing to do with idaho state - to pretend otherwise is essentially asking how many angels dance on the head of a pin - utter and pure speculation about any connection to idaho state - no matter how you try to slant the argument

Actually it has plenty to do with Idaho State...as does the BSU move. It could mean a higher guarantee on a football or basketball game for us...it affects scheduling for the other sports...to think that conference movement doesn't affect ISU is silly.

Frank

Spartan-

College football (and athletics in general, but more in football) is like the ecosystem of the earth. Disturb one thing far away and it will eventually affect everything else. You think Boise moving to the MWC and the Utes moving to the PAC-10 doesn't affect ISU? Everything is connected in this wonderful universe of college football.

you all need to stop watching and believing that disney lion king/cumbaya bs

unless and until something happens that directly impacts idaho state (you can say 'could, might, possibly' all you want) then this is all just sound and fury

to pretend that all these moves have even the slightest impact on isu at this time is delusional

I'm baffled by how wrong you are on this....Ross is right...each move is a domino...we just are near the back end of the chain.

Frank
P.S. Vacation time for me...see you all Tuesday.

At the end of the day, Spartan may be correct. Maybe this has no impact on the Bengals. But, with all of the buzz about conference realignment, every FBS conference is in a contingency mode. If a conference loses a program, where are they going find a viable replacement? Teams from FCS, especially successful teams with a decent athletic budget will be targeted as possible replacements.

Latest posts

Back