• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

MSU ISU Discussion

KWCAT

Welcome to Bozeman ISU fans. Is our game going to live up to all the hype?
Tailgating is a good time at MSU. Going to be chilly after a mild fall. Stop by and have a beer though , you are welcome if you want to pm me.
Good to see you guys doing well after the recent years.
Discuss.

I just saw the post game interview by coach Kramer after CP.
Lucky for us he was unsure of where he was playing this week! ;)
I forgot how articulate he is.

I've always liked the MSU fans I've met & know.. Unlike the majority of the Griz fans I've had run ins with. I'm possibly headed up this weekend. Haven't decided yet. If not, it'll be fun watching at BWW as well.

Wife and I will both be coming up for the game. Bobcat fans have always been gracious in welcoming us.
I also have a couple of longtime friends who are avid Bobcat fans. We've already been invited to Pre-Game with them in their tailgate spot when we last visited with them in August. This is going to be fun if I can find my long underwear. I hear it's going to be below zero at night sometime this week in Bozeman. Any improvements up there with thermometers? By the way, do Bobcat fans still torch teddy bears before every home game in honor of the Grizz? Couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. Now that's a rivalry. Here's to a well-played and injury-free game for both teams. Go Bengals!

Will be around -6 tonight. Projected high of 16 Saturday with low of 0.
Makes for crisp tackles.
Yes they still burn the bear at Great Falls tailgate area every game day. Think we should burn a tiger Saturday, but oh well :lol:
Think it will be a hard charging one Saturday. Huge game for both schools. Go Cats--Bobcats that is!

Cold weather, on the road, against a strong MSU team is going to make for a tough game. No doubt we can win, but I think we'll need at least a +1 TO margin to do it.

The MSU message board is an interesting read. A surprising amount of pessimism for a team with a 5-1 conf record. Given the last decade of woe for the Bengals, we're in a position to play like there's nothing to lose, which just might be the difference.

I foresee another nail biter. ISU 28-27.

Fletch, you are somewhat correct. We have 3 or 4 posters that are pessimists and quite sharp witted, thus making them good at it. The sky is always falling with them, and due to the fact that they give large sums of money ;) (or make the sacrifice of buying a ticket) they feel entitled to letting their mouths run unchecked. Guess they are egrizz wannabes.

Our overall fan base feels (IMO) good about the program but knows we very well may have our hands full with a quality ISU group. For me personally, I feel good about a MSU win. However it is football, we play the game for a reason, and this week is the first of the cold weather for both teams.You have the number one offense and improving lines. We have a great team and home field advantage. Your coach can get teams up for big games, without the traditional seasonal lows.

So here's to a fun wintery day of football!

ISU has shown the ability to break some trends from previous years.... however, cold weather and natural turf have traditionally been a challenge for this program.

You are correct tuffgong. Installed turf several years ago. I notice the Cats looked a little slower on Cal Polys grass. It does make a difference, especially if wet.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some more on Saturdays game from bobcatnation.com

We have more of a history with Montana State than any other program, having played them almost 80 times. We were even in the RMAC together prior to the Big Sky years. This is a team which should be on the schedule yearly. I wish the Big Sky would replace Portland State with MSU as one of the two teams we regularly play.

Bengals Fans in or visiting Las Vegas:

Join Bobcat fans on Saturday, November 15 at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4280 S. Hualapai in southwest Las Vegas to watch the game.

Tell Nevadacat you saw this message and he'll buy your first drink.

Game time is 12:40 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Going to be a great game against to high quality teams. As a Cal Poly fan I will be watching this weekend. Good luck.

Weather forecast just keeps getting more "interesting." Now calling for a high of 10 on Saturday. But at least it's supposed to be sunny.

Skippy said:
Weather forecast just keeps getting more "interesting." Now calling for a high of 10 on Saturday. But at least it's supposed to be sunny.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kramertige51/status/532993816127868928[/tweet]

Your latest Bozeman weather update friends:

From the National Weather Service web page.

Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. Light northwest wind.

333 feet. The difference in elevation between Bozeman and Pocatello. That's about as deep as an Idaho pothole.

44 & 42. The average high temps in November for Pocatello and Bozeman.

24 & 22. The average low temps in November for Pocatello and Bozeman.

Both cities have their weather extremes and are used to them. The players will be fine. The ones who need to make sure they are prepared to sit in the weather for 3+ hours are the fans of both teams.

I don't know if I'm alone on this but my recollection is that in the 81 series we played a similar game with the cats and won. Cold and snowing and it was a defensive struggle but our running game was a little bit better and we won. 21-14? Also it was a win or go home situation as well and it catapulted the team onward to greater heights.

Latest posts

Back