• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

MVP for Western Oregon game

My vote would probably go to to redshirt Sophomore DB Adkin Aguirre who had a career-high 8 tackles, half a sack, one pass break up and an interception that proved to be what Coach Phen called the turning point of the game.

I like Sean Cheney, 46.5 yd average on 4 punts. 2 inside the 20 and Negative return yards!. just one of the many bright spots in the special teams play that has been long overdue! And Parker Johnson was great on kickoff's, coverage could have been a little bit better, but he was placing the ball inside the 5 - between the hash and the sideline, can't ask for much better. A couple of hiccups in the long snapping during placekicks hopefully just first game jitters, overall huge sigh of relief for special teams play.

All worthy MVP choices. My hat's off to the strength and conditioning coach. All the hard work showed late in the game. For the first time in a long while, players did not fade and start leaking oil in the 4th QTR. I admire the entire team's work before and during the first game. I like this team mentality.

bill_idaflls said:
All worthy MVP choices. My hat's off to the strength and conditioning coach. All the hard work showed late in the game. For the first time in a long while, players did not fade and start leaking oil in the 4th QTR. I admire the entire team's work before and during the first game. I like this team mentality.

Great observation bill. These boys did not fade one bit. Sure a few cramps here and there, but you can tell their conditioning this summer has allowed them to play a full 4 quarters. That was a major difference as WOU wore down quickly in Q4.

We are playing Utah State. History tells us we cannot compete against FBS teams. That means we will have problems on offense and defense. How many ISU players will really shine as MVP's? I guarantee you only a few, not many like the WOU game. It is a totally different ball game. Utah State is bigger and faster. That is the difference.

It is not negativity it is reality. It is what it is. We are not a top contender team according to our pre-season polls. We are ranked at the bottom going into league play so how do we contend against Utah State. We cannot. We were losing at half time to WOU. What does that tell you. I think we are better than last season but that remains to be seen. We will get blown out by half time and they will be playing their 2nd and 3rd teams in the 2nd half. This would be a great game to play our backup QB's since they did not get any reps against WOU and other players to give them some playing time.

up for the challenge said:
It is not negativity it is reality. It is what it is. We are not a top contender team according to our pre-season polls. We are ranked at the bottom going into league play so how do we contend against Utah State. We cannot. We were losing at half time to WOU. What does that tell you. I think we are better than last season but that remains to be seen. We will get blown out by half time and they will be playing their 2nd and 3rd teams in the 2nd half. This would be a great game to play our backup QB's since they did not get any reps against WOU and other players to give them some playing time.
I'm sure this is exactly what Coach Phens pregame speech will be. Lol. ....negativity :thumbdown:

Latest posts

Back