• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

MY 2015 Thoughts

Bengals4lyfe

In my own opinion, the 2015 season was a huge disappointment.

1.The 2015 recruiting class was one of the best at (least on paper) I have seen coming in ISU in years. A lot of these incoming freshmen has D1 offers from FBS schools. HATS OFF TO KRAMER TO GET THESE GUYS TO ISU.

2. We need an experience Offensive Coordinator & Special teams coach ASAP, doesn't matter what level, the play calling been horrible

3. I have said this from jump street, that Sanders is not the QB for the Future! When you go recruit a JUCO QB, they are expected to start, expected to separate themselves from the inexperience Freshmen QBs. Week after week he never did that.

4. this Mid-Season make that QB change and stick with Gueller for the rest of the 2015 season.He's only a freshmen and will be able to develop him. Best way is to develop any QB is playing time. We go into next season with a unknown starting QB will be in the same situation next year and the year after that.

5. Put an freaking kicker on "SCHOLARSHIP"! Did any one see the Kicker for MSU? AND PSU? Got a foot, especially indoors! 3 phases to football (offense, Defense and Special teams) Kramer you might not think a kicker doesn't deserve a Scholarship, you seen what that done for you this year.

6. We all know Kramer is honest. Even I know the QB play has been awful, you can't continue to throw players under the bus in the media week in, week out. A HC suppose to be hard but keep that in house NO FILTER! I DON'T BELIEVE IN DONALD TRUMP, SOME OF THE THINGS HE SAYS SHOULD STAY IN MOUTH... NOT TO THE PUBLIC.

7. KRAMER gets mad at the fans for booing the team! Then goes bad mouth his players in media?

8. Hopefully we can have a great 2016 recruiting class! Hopefully

MY RANT IS OVER... SEE YOU IN THE HOLT NEXT YEAR

i was unaware the season was over.....anyone bother to mention that to weber state...?

just curious.... is english your first language?

if not then my apologies & no problem

if yes please tell me you're a boise state student/grad

Bengals4lyfe said:
In my own opinion, the 2015 season was a huge disappointment.

1.The 2015 recruiting class was one of the best at (least on paper) I have seen coming in ISU in years. A lot of these incoming freshmen has D1 offers from FBS schools. HATS OFF TO KRAMER TO GET THESE GUYS TO ISU.

2. We need an experience Offensive Coordinator & Special teams coach ASAP, doesn't matter what level, the play calling been horrible

3. I have said this from jump street, that Sanders is not the QB for the Future! When you go recruit a JUCO QB, they are expected to start, expected to separate themselves from the inexperience Freshmen QBs. Week after week he never did that.

4. this Mid-Season make that QB change and stick with Gueller for the rest of the 2015 season.He's only a freshmen and will be able to develop him. Best way is to develop any QB is playing time. We go into next season with a unknown starting QB will be in the same situation next year and the year after that.

5. Put an freaking kicker on "SCHOLARSHIP"! Did any one see the Kicker for MSU? AND PSU? Got a foot, especially indoors! 3 phases to football (offense, Defense and Special teams) Kramer you might not think a kicker doesn't deserve a Scholarship, you seen what that done for you this year.

6. We all know Kramer is honest. Even I know the QB play has been awful, you can't continue to throw players under the bus in the media week in, week out. A HC suppose to be hard but keep that in house NO FILTER! I DON'T BELIEVE IN DONALD TRUMP, SOME OF THE THINGS HE SAYS SHOULD STAY IN MOUTH... NOT TO THE PUBLIC.

7. KRAMER gets mad at the fans for booing the team! Then goes bad mouth his players in media?

8. Hopefully we can have a great 2016 recruiting class! Hopefully

MY RANT IS OVER... SEE YOU IN THE HOLT NEXT YEAR

If Kramer feels the QB position is the key to a winning season than I suggest he go out and secure a JUCO QB or obtain a step down QB for the 2016 season and have them available for Spring Ball so the competition begins before going into Fall Ball. If Kramer does not want to do that than he must feel Sanders and Gueller will improve and be the elite type of QB's he expects going into the 2016 season.

The same goes with the Safety position. Obtain a great JUCO Safety or step down safety. Do not depend on current Safeties on team unless you feel they are elite type of Safeties.

Kicker, field goal kicker, and punter - full scholarship is necessary - have to do Kramer or pay the price again in 2016..

Bengals4lyfe said:

I didn't think our kicker was on scholarship either, but somebody pointed out to me yesterday that he is.

http://isubengals.com/news/2014/2/5/FB_0205142917.aspx?path=football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still, I agree that a punter and kicker have to be actively recruited. Kicking indoors in relatively high-altitude is an easy sell.

sasquatch said:
Bengals4lyfe said:

I didn't think our kicker was on scholarship either, but somebody pointed out to me yesterday that he is.

http://isubengals.com/news/2014/2/5/FB_0205142917.aspx?path=football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still, I agree that a punter and kicker have to be actively recruited. Kicking indoors in relatively high-altitude is an easy sell.

Believe me, Kramer will not renew scholarships for any player on his team that did not practice or play up to his expectations unless they are going into their senior year. That is what the face to face is all about once the season ends. You will see some players that are on scholarship not returning for Spring ball or Fall ball.

More 'slip-slop-slurp'. We take 4 or 5 steps forward then in one year we take 2 or 3 steps backward. Amazing. Teams that we played competitive or beat last year have kicked our arses this year and Weber looks more and more like one more arse kicking. Sac State beat our freshman QB with their freshman QB. How can other teams seem to continuously improve and we can't, yet we hear after every game: our QB play was not good or, our safety play has got to improve or, our offense did not execute or,... It seems there is always some poor position play that caused our demise.

Kramer is a good coach. Not a great coach but a good coach. He's been there, seen it all, battled the problems, failed, successed, fired and hired. So at this stage in his career why are we facing the same problems he has seen and corrected times before. Five years with Kramer and we still are battling safety play issues. We have not been able to recruit and develop a freshman QB into a starter. Special Teams play has never been worse--complete bungal ball. This past summer he almost guaranteed a win against UNLV; ya, sure, we know how that turned out. What is our 'turnover to TD' ratio; 3 to 1, 4 to 1, what ever it is it won't win games. If he wants to remain at ISU and eventually become the AD then personnel changes will have to be made and some old concepts and stratages change. No more blaming poor position play or Special Teams or smiling away the problem--fix the problem or the problem will be addressed by por ticket sales and low atheltic contributions.

It's obvious from what I have seen Michael Sanders is not the answer at QB. When I watch the offense with Tanner at the helm it just seems to flow better and at a better pace. I understand not wanting to hurt his development but at this point he is our best QB. Also something has to be done with OC position, we have great drives but we tend to go away with what is working way to quick. The run was working very well at times and after 2 or 3 straight runs of good gains we pass for the next 3 plays. Maybe Cross will develope but the play calling has been below average this year. Maybe we need to promote Phenice to co-offensive coordinator at least he has experience at this level and has had success. Although if I was Kramer I would be calling Tingey and doing what ever they can to get Don Bailey once his year at Hawaii is over.

I'm not sure the OC makes all the play calls, in fact, I've heard Mike say he approves all calls prior to running it out. May be why our play calling is slower this years. I believe Skippy made a comment during the first days of practice that Tanner was playing better than Sander's, he was shouted down by the all knowing at that time. I personally didn't see an advantage in going and getting a JC late in the game as we did. JC players for the most part are good for their second season, the first is spent learning their jobs. If you cannot redshirt them for a year they are essentially depth. As for the season; Cub stated it would be a minimum of five years before the team could be turned around because of the APR issues we had. Because we had a great Senior QB last years we arrived early. Not because the rest of the team was ready but because we could out score most teams. The APR issues affected the Defense most. Most of the walk-on scholarships were given on that side of the ball, because of that the defense is way behind the offense in rebuilding. All our depth on that side of the ball is young and inexperienced. My guess is we will be better in 2017 when our youngsters are Juniors and better depth has been recruited behind them.

And what if it's not???

Look guys I like Kramer as a person too. He has done good things. But 5 years? We gotta quit blaming a few scholarships on our loss column. Seriously guys, there are so many more options out there.

Your telling me to wait a decade to see change? That means that Kramer is recruiting kids who were 11 years old when he started here!! Alabama recruits that young should we??

Get real, smell the roses and make some changes.

Latest posts

Back