• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

My first time ever at Holt Arena today!!!

demian

I liked Holt Arena a lot. Today was my first time EVER going to a game in Holt Arena. I don't know why so many on this message board criticize Holt Arena so much. I thought it was REAL COOL. I loved the air conditioning as a spectator. The accomodations are just fine for a football game. Cheap concession stand. Nothing fancy, just hot dogs, nachos and popcorn but who cares, thats all you need at a football game anyway. The TV monitors in the concourse were nice. Bathrooms are normal. The video board in the endzone is nice. Good loud stereo system (I do wish they would play more pump up music when the defense is between 2nd down and 3rd down tho to get the crowd into a frenzy), but it was a good place to be a spectator to watch a game. Very roomy because it was only maybe half full. But maybe they should only make like 2/3 of the seats available so the crowd isn't so spread out and they could be more packed in and it would be more condensed and LOUD. I assume a lot of that has to do with playing an opponent that most figure would be a blowout so why spend the money to go watch a 40 point blowout and even the folks in attendance probably didn't feel any sense of urgency whatsoever because the opponent was subpar so the game wasn't very competitive to keep the crowd on the edge of there seats. I liked Holt Arena a lot tho. NO COMPLAINTS from me.

I love Holt Arena. She has the bones to be a 1st class stadium. But like my house, needs some attention. All in all I agree, she deserves our appreciation.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Holt. For some on the board the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, make your own judgments without allowing them to form a bias for you. Over all most of the stadiums in the Big Sky are nice to attend a game at, the only one I have not been to is Eastern Washington. They used to be a glorified high school field but from what I have heard and seen in pictures they have created a really nice venue. The Montana's generate allot of energy, but are really no nicer than anyone else's. Still a great place to watch a game because of how rowdy the Montana fans are. Holt was the original in door stadium so any after it's building tried to improve on the design. Both Idaho and NAU put less slope on the seating and seem to have better storage, but to be honest I found both to be lacking in appeal. Just felt like I was in a warehouse at both. For pure appeal, any of the Utah schools have beautiful back round for their stadiums, I'm not saying they are better to watch the game at just they are built in great locations up against the mountains as is the Griz stadium.
I have to admit I have not attended a game in North Dakota either, from what I saw on TV looks like a nice dome to play in. Cal Poly and Sac are updating their fields although both are really nice places to watch a game. Holt has it's issue's, but after traveling with the team for years I was able to see many other stadium's. I found Holt to be one of the most comfortable and viewer friendly stadiums I have been to.

blackfootbengal said:
Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Holt. For some on the board the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, make your own judgments without allowing them to form a bias for you. Over all most of the stadiums in the Big Sky are nice to attend a game at, the only one I have not been to is Eastern Washington. They used to be a glorified high school field but from what I have heard and seen in pictures they have created a really nice venue. The Montana's generate allot of energy, but are really no nicer than anyone else's. Still a great place to watch a game because of how rowdy the Montana fans are. Holt was the original in door stadium so any after it's building tried to improve on the design. Both Idaho and NAU put less slope on the seating and seem to have better storage, but to be honest I found both to be lacking in appeal. Just felt like I was in a warehouse at both. For pure appeal, any of the Utah schools have beautiful back round for their stadiums, I'm not saying they are better to watch the game at just they are built in great locations up against the mountains as is the Griz stadium.
I have to admit I have not attended a game in North Dakota either, from what I saw on TV looks like a nice dome to play in. Cal Poly and Sac are updating their fields although both are really nice places to watch a game. Holt has it's issue's, but after traveling with the team for years I was able to see many other stadium's. I found Holt to be one of the most comfortable and viewer friendly stadiums I have been to.

Yeah I find it to be very viewer friendly. Its a place to watch a football game, I don't need it to be an amusement park or a fancy resort etc etc. I like your reports on all of the other stadiums in the league. I have taken our high school team to Eastern Washington University football camp for the last 4 years. There stadium has been upgraded over the years to a pretty decent venue. They have a HUGE video board that is pretty cool. Real good sound system. They bring in extra bleachers for the BIG games. Its a good stadium. But you do have to deal with the elements of the outdoors which for me I HATE the heat so I prefer the indoor arena lol haha. I HATE wind also so in September you can get some BAD wind storms in Washington so the indoor venue suits me great.

catscratch said:
I love Holt Arena. She has the bones to be a 1st class stadium. But like my house, needs some attention. All in all I agree, she deserves our appreciation.

well said! You are right, it isn't perfect but it is totally respectable for a football venue. Like I said in another response, its a place to watch a football game I don't need it to be an amusement park or a fancy resort. It is totally acceptable. Parking is cheap = $5. or sidewalk parking is avail also.

I would completely agree. This was also my first game at Holt Arena. I've been to the arena a few times, but this was the first game I've seen and it's really a good venue to watch a football game, especially when dealing with the elements. Everything you need. The locker room is also roomy and comfortable for the players. While it's not multi-million dollar FBS locker, it's everything a player could need. Nice wood engraved lockers with seating, leather couches, and flat screen TVs.

Tacoma5 said:
I would completely agree. This was also my first game at Holt Arena. I've been to the arena a few times, but this was the first game I've seen and it's really a good venue to watch a football game, especially when dealing with the elements. Everything you need. The locker room is also roomy and comfortable for the players. While it's not multi-million dollar FBS locker, it's everything a player could need. Nice wood engraved lockers with seating, leather couches, and flat screen TVs.

Nice report about the locker room. I asked my son to take a picture for me a month ago after first practice of his locker with his name engraved on his locker etc etc and of course he still has NOT sent the picture to me lol haha oh well your description makes it a little clearer for me lol

demian said:
Tacoma5 said:

Nice report about the locker room. I asked my son to take a picture for me a month ago after first practice of his locker with his name engraved on his locker etc etc and of course he still has NOT sent the picture to me lol haha oh well your description makes it a little clearer for me lol
You can see a few shots of the locker room here. :thumb: http://www.isubengals.com/galleries/?gallery=213

Tacoma5 said:
demian said:
Tacoma5 said:

You can see a few shots of the locker room here. :thumb: http://www.isubengals.com/galleries/?gallery=213

Oh cool thanks for the link. Those pics look nice of the locker room. Yep it looks totally suitable for a football locker room

Latest posts

Back