• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

N. Colorado - Monday Night

Rafter_Reese

Looks like the Griz lost to Weber State today. That puts the eags 1 game out of first place in the standings. Northern Colorado is also 1 game back in the standings. Northern Colorado just happens to be coming to town this Monday night. Both teams are 5 and 2 in league play. 6:05 tip in Cheney. Important game.

go eags!

Northern Colorado opened up as the favorite. The line has shifted towards the eags. This one could be a barnburner. Almost game time!

go eags!

UNC always good. This will be a great game. Not sure why I've always kinda admired UNC. Tonight I hate their guts.

giphy.gif

Obzerver said:
UNC always good. This will be a great game. Not sure why I've always kinda admired UNC. Tonight I hate their guts.

giphy.gif
Really impressed with Northern Colorado so far. They have a good enough team to blow us out of the water. If we can beat them I will be impressed. We've cut the lead down to 3 at halftime.

go eags!

RR, are you at the game? What an end to the game. lol..thought we lost it on the last second shot, as least it looked that way and then decided shot clock violation. OT, lets go Eags go!!

Obzerver said:
RR, are you at the game? What an end to the game. lol..thought we lost it on the last second shot, as least it looked that way and then decided shot clock violation. OT, lets go Eags go!!
Yes I'm at the game! This has been an amazing game!!! I hope we hang on.

UNC is pretty good, but this was a must-win game and Eastern won.

Couple of roster questions, whatever happened to the guy from BYU? He was rumored to be pretty good, but he really hasn't played much at all since he transferred. Also, what's up with how we have players that play a bunch over a couple of weeks and then just sort of stop playing? For a few weeks we saw a steady dose of Tyler Kidd, now he's always on the bench. Rouse played a bunch at the beginning of the year, then seemed to be way down the depth chart, and now seems to be an impact player? It's just sort of weird that Legans always mixes up the line-up.

LDopaPDX said:

Couple of roster questions, whatever happened to the guy from BYU? He was rumored to be pretty good, but he really hasn't played much at all since he transferred. Also, what's up with how we have players that play a bunch over a couple of weeks and then just sort of stop playing? For a few weeks we saw a steady dose of Tyler Kidd, now he's always on the bench. Rouse played a bunch at the beginning of the year, then seemed to be way down the depth chart, and now seems to be an impact player? It's just sort of weird that Legans always mixes up the line-up.
ditto
ditto
ditto from me. I wonder if he didn't learn that from Hayford, if a kid got in his dog house he was pretty much resigned to the bench. We lose Pietling and Kidd to graduation but have a LOT of young players.
https://goeags.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
And why does Magnuson play so much?
https://goeags.com/documents/2019/11/15/20mbSTATISTICS.pdf
A point guard who can't score.

I'll say this about Magnusson, he's a damn fine PG. Granted- and I always throw this out- I'm NOT a b-ball guy, but I can usually see talent when it's there. He Ds up and all the offense flows through him. He's more a "classic" PG that's going to have big assist numbers but only marginal scoring. If he could get a little better with his long range shooting, he could be another Ron McMahonn (enjoy the way-back machine with that reference).

LDopaPDX said:
I'll say this about Magnusson, he's a damn fine PG. Granted- and I always throw this out- I'm NOT a b-ball guy, but I can usually see talent when it's there. He Ds up and all the offense flows through him. He's more a "classic" PG that's going to have big assist numbers but only marginal scoring. If he could get a little better with his long range shooting, he could be another Ron McMahonn (enjoy the way-back machine with that reference).

I agree he is very impressive and being a freshman has a lot of mileage left in those sneekers. I hate to call our a specific player but was so surprised to see those numbers when I looked at stats wanted to make specific my comments.
Would it be out of question for a coach to tell a player NO,NO,NO 3 point shots? In these close games if we could get just a little more productivity out of our PG would make a big difference. Speaking of differences, WOW what difference in FT shooting last night. The Eagles only missed 4 FT's, 14 of 18, all night, which made the difference in this game.

LDopaPDX said:

Not sure why Beo hasn't seen much time. I believe I read that he played in 31 games as a freshman for BYU. You would think that would mean significant playing time for the eags. The only thing I can think of is that he still isn't all the way healthy. He continues to wear a brace on his knee and some other athletic type tape was on his leg last game. Who knows. A lot of guys are fighting for minutes right now. Just don't have any answers there. I do like that coach has tightened up the rotation a little bit.

go eags!

I can't believe Mason had 22 boards and 21 points in this game. That is crazy hard to do. Just a great individual effort. That guy is a monster.

go eags!

LDopaPDX said:
Love the Ron M. reference. Magnuson has a chance to be one of the best Eagle point guards ever. His awareness on the court is incredible and it comes naturally to him. His outside shooting will develop over time. Remember, just a true freshman. He doesn't need to score double digits to be an elite point guard in this league. The kid is sturdy and strong as an ox. I believe he was a very solid football player in high school if I'm not mistaken. That spin move he put on that guy last night for 2 points was absolutely ridiculous. This kid is going to be a solid floor General for years to come.

go eags!

Latest posts

Back