• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

NAU Game Predictions?

notabengalalum

Anyone venturing any guesses on today's NAU game?
I think we'll give up something in the 50's - like the Sac State game.
Not sure the offense can show better than they did at UNC and UM and think we'll do well to score 21.
NAU is a good all around team offensively and defensively and are ranked high nationally for a good reason.
I'll guess NAU 56 and ISU 20.
I hope I'm wrong and that we can pull a complete surprise - like the Montana game a few years back when they won on a FG at the very end.
We'll stay until the end and..... Go Bengals!

Team has now given up 482 points in nine games, and 477 in 8 Division I games. 53.6 points allowed average, and 59.6 in Division I games. Thankfully, by holding NAU to just 50 (did I really just type that?), ISU should avoid Prairie View's dubious record of 617 points scored against, and 56.09 points per game, set in 1991.

They would have to give up 135 in the last two games. I think they can come under that.

I would have a field day doing notes this year LOL.

Former ISUSID

now has the team quit?

7 games in a row getting rolled for a minimum of 50 points (at least air force ONLY scored 49 - must be a reflection of that high powered offense of theirs)

only game they won was against black hills state - and they suck within their own division

so... i'm voting that they have quit

I kind of hope they have quit. If they have quit at least that means they could be better if they didn't quit. If they haven't quit then the bengals may have a big problem.

If they haven't quit.......

Then how much better do they need to get to be average? How many more years will it take under this way of doing things?

I am sorry that we will appear anywhere near the top of the worst defense list. :(

I don’t think that we have reached the bottom of how far down the team will go -- that comes next year. Next season we will not have Yost or Rumble. We will have a largely inexperienced quarterback throwing to an inexperienced receiving corps (on a team that thinks it has to pass to move the ball). As a result our offensive production will go down.
Our defense – may improve marginally but will be made up of mostly undersized defensive backs. We can’t recruit JUCOs to fix our problems so hang on folks it is going to get worse from here. :cry:

Hopefully the season after next we will start to show some improvement.

Thanks for the pro bono work.

FormerISUSID said:
Team has now given up 482 points in nine games, and 477 in 8 Division I games. 53.6 points allowed average, and 59.6 in Division I games. Thankfully, by holding NAU to just 50 (did I really just type that?), ISU should avoid Prairie View's dubious record of 617 points scored against, and 56.09 points per game, set in 1991.

They would have to give up 135 in the last two games. I think they can come under that.

I would have a field day doing notes this year LOL.

Former ISUSID

I'm really concerned about our defense, I don't think that I've ever seen a Bengal defense this bad, and we've had a lot of bad ones over the years. Kramer said on the coaches show on Wednesday that ISU only has one scholarship available for a defensive player for next year, so we really need to hope that D players that we have that are redshirting this year can step it up next year. Both Kramer and Tingey said that ISU won't go out and actively recruit JC players, although if these players wish to talk to Kramer then he'll listen and there is a possibility they could still join the team. And there's plenty of JC kids out there who would love to play for a four-year school. I would think that we'd still have several JC kids and 1-A drop-downs join the squad for next season. I've always seen so much potential with ISU football; what I mean is that if we were to start a winning tradition here then I know the fans would turn out in droves. But I think that this building project will take some time.

I guess some JUCO players that were not recruited or offered a scholarship will be looking for a home and will contact ISU and other colleges. The best JUCO players that are academically eligible will be recruited and will be offered a scholarship by teams needing a JUCO player to fill a position immediately.

Latest posts

Back