• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ND/UNC Road Trip..

208alpine

In theory, a split would be great for ISU.. But if they could somehow find a way to win both, ISU will be in the mix for a top 4 finish, which should be the goal. I’m really enjoying the season so far. Happy for the players and coaches, as having some success and winning results has a great effect on the University and Poky as a whole. Jared Stutzman has really galvanized our lineup. If this team keeps the turnovers at a reasonably low number, they can compete with any team in the BSC. The league is tough, and I’m loving the schedule ahead!

bill_idaflls said:
Does anyone else have problems with listening to audio on stretch internet? I can never get it to come up.

Honestly, I haven't tried in eons -- part of the reason is because there always seemed to be problems with it. I usually watch the games on TV (via Pluto TV on Amazon Fire TV). You can listen to audio a couple of different ways without having to bother with Stretch (if you want to listen to the pre or post game, for example)...

You can go to TuneIn.com or MyTuner-Radio.com. You can search for KMGI (Magic 102.5) for men's games, or KISU for women's games. Both of these services also have apps available -- you can use either on your smartphone or a streaming TV service.

Both radio stations also have their own websites where you can listen as well (Magik1025.com and KISU.org).

Is there any reason why the pregame or post game aren't included in the video broadcast?

The team didn't start out too bad at UND last night, but the wheels came off after about 10 minutes or so. I still don't understand some of Evan's substitution logic. I think his sub choices in the first half dug a hole too deep to crawl out of. I don't care if a player is a good guy, I'd rather have the best player in that situation get playing time.

What would you have done different? I think we should just continue to support coach Evans and his staff. This is going to be a tough road trip we’re playing two of the top teams and ND was over due for a conference win and Northern Colorado’s lost Weber last night is going to make Saturday’s game really hard to win. We’re still sitting at the top of the conference which is way better then most writers and coaches polls had us.

First off, I know losing Ingram has thrown a wrench into things. But since we're talking last night, I don't know why your first sub in is Nakken? Did we need a 3 pointer at that point? We got a turnover and bad foul from him. I don't think his defense is great, but maybe better than McCord? Why else wouldn't you plug McCord or Kimberly in to help inside at that point? The team looked absolutely lost at this point, and that's about the time the game started to get out of control.

This is the toughest road trip from a traveling standpoint. No argument there.

Not sure why he decide to go with that substitution BUT that’s not what lost the game for us. That’s what we’re going to face in conference teams that play FAST, our league is full of fast quick guards. We’ll adjust, but that means going deep into the bench playing more minutes for everyone. This is going to be a team effort and everyone has to continue to stay focused and figure out what’s needed from each player when their on the floor. As fans let’s continue to support the coaching staff the players and try and get more people out to watch them play.

McCord should starting at the 4 in my opinion. Truman should come of the bench. Truman’s feet are two slow. McCord will take time to adjust at this level, but if he were getting the minutes he would score and rebound at a higher level than Truman or Ingram. I also think he may be able to defend at a higher level. I wish Chivichyan could develop his ability to score inside the 3 point arc like Moscan has. I would take GC of the bench over Nakken based off feet alone. My two cents...

I agree there are some fast guards in the league, Hank42. That's why I still don't understand some of Evan's subbing logic. If he wants to match up with their speed, why is Nakken coming in before Boyd? Boyd came in soon after, but he should have been in before Nakken if Evans wants to do a 3 or 4 guard lineup.

I thought McCord showed a lot of potential in the Arizona State game, but there's times I think he's in Evan's doghouse? That's my own personal opinion just from watching games and listening to interviews, might not be anything to it, but I agree he seems to have a step or two over Truman.

Evans is a old school coach meaning players earn playing time in practice. I’m sure his thought was let’s own the boards last night and when that didn’t happen he went for more offense. When that didn’t work he went to Boyd, wirh the injury to Kyle the substitution pattern has been different. McCord finished last nights game strong I’m sure the coaching staff took notice to that. Let’s just hope that tomorrow’s game we hit shots early and figure out how to slow down Northern Colorado.

They don’t understand the concept of the offensive rebound. And if they would give Sam Dowd half a chance they would get to see how a true point guard can set up an offense

Offensive rebounds come at a high cost, if you don’t get the ball it turns into a fast break with numbers going against you the other way. We need better shot selection and stop gambling on defense. Also we’ve had players from other team in foul trouble and we don’t go at them. Today Gary played well maybe we’ll get more of that in the future he’s capable of scoring huge numbers. I still think we’re in a good position right now WE MUST WIN our home Games and steal a few on the road from time to time. Playing at our best come tournament time is what we want.

Latest posts

Back