• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Nebraska Game -- Bright Spots

The purpose of this topic isn't to complain about the negatives of the Nebraska game, whether it should have been scheduled or not, etc.....

The purpose of this topic is to talk about positives, the bright spots....some may say there weren't any, I doubt that is true, others may think of additional positives....here are my top 3:

(1) REYES -- although his punting wasn't as effective as other games, his leadership and performance at QB late was a bright spot. Of course, his play was against the lower roster players on the Husker team, but he proved that he could step in when needed should Yost go down at any point during the season.

(2) AUSTIN -- his receptions were a huge lift, the most dependable of the receivers on Saturday.

(3) BERGREN -- a huge game on defense -- picking up six tackles, including one sack.....and a fumble recovery.

Now that the non-conference schedule is complete, lets put it behind us and focus on the Big Sky schedule, beginning this week with a key battle against Sacramento State. It is important to win this home game and get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Instead of bickering, lets show our support for this team -- GO BENGALS!!!

So glad there were no injuries. I thought Reyes was the bright spot also. I hope that the team feels encouraged and not discouraged coming into their homecoming week. The cup is still half full boys! What you think about you bring about. Fingers crossed!! GO BENGALS!!!!

We don't have the $$$ rolling in like a Montana or bigger school for right now. Get use to it. Having the bigger games. I think it is good for us. The players and coaches are pumped about going into a big time setting. If they are good with it then I am. They are big boys, they can handle it. Plus it will make us better.

Correct me if I am wrong but the year that BSU wooped our butt 69-0? Didn't we take the BSC Championship or atleast split with Montana St that year?

And last, we are in the best league in the Nation IMO. The toughest at that. North Dakato and SUU ain't now slouches. Watch out for NAU too going into Montana and beating them. We are amongst very, very tough competition in our own league.

There is only one route that we take. No negotiations. We rise to the top with Coach K all together as a team and community!

In 2003, we lost to Boise State 62-0 but then beat Montana in Pocatello in double overtime and finished in a three way tie for first place in the conference (co-champions) with three conference losses but we did not get a playoff invitation. I believe that my memory is correct.

In 2003 we lost to NAU in Flagstaff...a win there would have created a three-way tie with MSU and UM that would have been won by ISU and we would have gone to the playoffs. Instead we finished 4-3 and finished fourth. A win over last place Sacramento State would have gotten it done for us too.

FormerISUSID

I really don't like the sports writer for the Journal tearing us up for the way we played against much tougher oppenents like Air Force and Nebraska, and then he turns around he gives us high marks when we played much weaker competition in Black Hills State. He needs to take into consideration the level of competition that we played against, especially against Nebraska which has an overall talent and depth is much greater than ours. It's not fair to give us D's and D- against a team like Nebraska. Yes, I think I could do a better job writing than he could because I've written for papers before, but I wouldn't work for the Journal because of how poorly they pay. Although I really do think that the paper could use some nice features about the players and coaches, which would certainly enhance the overall quality of the sports section. In fact, I may contact the paper to see if I could freelance every now and then and write a feature.

Boise:

There actually was an ad in the want-ad's section of the paper last week looking for free lance writers for the different sections.

The Journal appears to be severly understaffed and they seem to be trying to figure out some way to get help.

You should contact Ian Fennell, the managing editor.

PBP

Boise - These money type games are very difficult to grade for both teams. Maybe, his grading was correct as Coach Kramer indicated to the press after the game that he was not happy with his team performance against Nebraska. It will be interesting to listen to Coach Kramer on Wednesday evening during the coaches show. I am looking forward to seeing how the Bengals perform against Sacramento State. Should be a very competitive game as both teams need to win...

Latest posts

Back