• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Needs Assessment

john_clayton

Based on what I've read in the print media and on here, sounds like Kramer et al. are doing their best to recruit those players who are already on the team. If 'cub's claim is valid, then it sounds like many of the returning players will still be around...maybe not all, but most of them will.

Question for you arm-chair recruiters and coaches...

Taking into account what is known about the CEO's offensive and defensive philosophies AND the student-athletes buying into the CEO's program, what do you see as the recruitment priorities for the 2011 season (and beyond)?

Off the top my noggin, I guessing EVERY position is a recruitment priority considering the lack of depth in many positions. More specifically, however, I would place the top three priority order this way: QB, OL, WR.

To modify a line from the most recent rendition of Robin Hood: "Rise and rise again until cubs become bengals."

JC

I like these posts..

Here is my opinion:

ISU will have very little scholarships to give this season. If little to zero attrition occurs, I would expect ISU to have 10-12 scholarships to give out. In order to boost APR, I anticipate a few of those scholarships will be given to walk-ons with a solid academic history. This is a great way to boost APR--which is a priority at ISU right now.

So, the true number of new recruits on scholarship for their first year may be closer to 10. I am not saying that Kramer will only bring in 10, but he will be recruiting some to grayshirt (ISU has a ton of SR's next year) and he will be looking for walk-ons with potential.

As for the schollies...

2 QB's--we have been hearing one JC and one HS kid, plus a walk-on
1-2 FR RB's--assuming none on the current team have not left the program
OL--1-3--probably a JC or two and at least one FR
WR's--if you run the spread, you need receivers. Kole Krosch has moved from safety to WR, but I still expect ISU to take a couple of more. I'd say two.
TE's--not much of a need in the spread. Jacobson will move to LT from what I am being told. Look for Hill to be very involved in the passing game--splitting out at times.

DL--I'd say ISU will probably stay where they are right now with the 3-4 scheme. Pele and Bergren have moved back to D-line.
LB--might need a JC to clog the middle. I hope Hudeen comes back--that will be critical to pair with Storms. I'd say that Fuapau and Francis will both end up being LB's.
CB--Gupton and Miller are two solid corners. Beyond that--nothing. ISU will need 1-2 kids here, probably a JC and one FR.
Safeties--Melendez can be great. Tanner Davis may have the other spot nailed down. Who knows, maybe Pleasant moves back and/or Clowherd makes the switch from WR.

I think that Kramer will put the focus on offense this season and play some catch up the following season on the defensive side of the ball. The defense will probably have to make due with what they have and the offense will be the primary focus this winter,

I expect Kramer to get drop-downs. He always did at Montana State. Drop downs could replace the need to go after a few JC's.

My final guess 70% on offense and 30% on defense this recruiting cycle. If we see more than 10-12 on signing day--you can bet that the difference will be recruited walk-ons and greyshirts.

Latest posts

Back