• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New additions

boisebengal

Chase Place, who's a wide receiver for Rocky Mountain HS in Meridian, has just signed with ISU as a preferred walk-on, and Tyler Wright, who's a tight end for Mountain Home HS, has just signed to play for ISU as well. Place is a fine wide receiver, who primarily played at the slot position for the Grizzlies. These players will join these other Treasure Valley recruits: Jim Bagley, an offensive lineman for Rocky Mountain, Tyler Graves, a DL/TE from Fruitland, Kyle Jones, a d-lineman from Vallivue, and Patrick Carter, a defensive back from Capital HS. Carter was once a preferred walk-on, but I do believe he just received a scholarship offer.

QB Levi Altringer from Rocky Mountain, was released from his LOI, and has now signed with Linfield College of Oregon, because of the fact that his parents moved to western Oregon not long ago.

Love to see ISU making inroads into the Treasure Valley -- througout southern Idaho, really. As I guess both Coach Kramer and I will have to eat some of our past statements about there not being a natural recruiting base for ISU. And I'm more than happy to eat that piece of crow. :D

I'm real glad with the recruiting job that Kramer and staff have done thus far, as we've gotten some pretty good talent that we probably wouldn't have been able to get if we didn't have him. I think that what you and Coach Kramer meant was that there really wasn't any huge cities not far away that we could recruit a lot of kids from, like what Sac State, EWU, NAU and Northern Colorado. Lately we've been getting some pretty good kids from the Boise area, and it's no disgrace to recruit some kids here that BSU doesn't want. But then again, Boise only has about 500,000 in the metropolitan area, which pales in comparison to cities that other Big Sky teams recruit from. One would think that Salt Lake City could be a natural recruiting base when you consider that it's only about a two hour drive from Pocatello and there's about a million and a half people that live there, but then again there's probably some difficulty for us to recruit there when you consider that Utah, BYU, Weber, USU, and SUU all fight it out for recruits from there, along with newcomer Dixie State.

I really don't see any natural recruiting base that Montana and MSU have, and they've had very good teams for quite some time. And Montana's population is much smaller than that of Idaho's population, as there's only about 900,000 people that live there. And I've always looked at those two schools as an inspiration to what ISU can do, when neither one of those schools have larger cities in Montana that they can recruit from and MSU and Montana both have some of the problems that ISU does in that Bozeman and Missoula both have smaller airports which are similar to Pocatello's airport. But I think that ISU's got all the potential in the world for potential fan and booster support -- we just need to start winning some games.

Latest posts

Back