• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Assistant Coach

This kid might be a really nice kid and even turn out to be a good or even great coach but I for one am incredibly underwhelmed. If not making a splash with a hire was the goal bill knocked one out of the park. Looking more and more like this is a sinking ship. Hope I’m wrong on this one.

Bengalfan37 said:
This kid might be a really nice kid and even turn out to be a good or even great coach but I for one am incredibly underwhelmed. If not making a splash with a hire was the goal bill knocked one out of the park. Looking more and more like this is a sinking ship. Hope I’m wrong on this one.

I think your comment is a bit disingenuous. The fact is Bill is in the final year of his deal with a program that hasn't had a lot of success in the past 20 years. Those are going to influence heavily any decision made by anybody as far as coming to ISU.

That's not a knock, that's reality. Would you take that chance? Especially say if you have a family? (and I don't know if this coach does, just saying that in general terms...)

We have no idea who Bill may have reached out to and we also have no idea how many (if any) people may have turned him down. For all anybody knowns Bill may have been trying for a "home run hire" and wasn't able to get that person to say "yes."

We simply don' know all the facts.

PBP

Votb says Bill reached out to Louis Wilson who, in my mind, would have been a great hire. But Louis went to Grand Canyon, which is a program with much greater resources — and a darn nice place to be in the winter.

I think he has a better resume than at least one of the assistants who is gone, and at least he's not a former player of Evans like Ward and Collins were.

Agree with Wilson but he turned it down. Can’t blame him. The resume statement isn’t close to accurate in my opinion. He has had no on court experience at the di level. But I think Pbp is right. Why would you move for one year? Probably why the other two bailed.

Next year we have several players that will be staring their JR year, Chivichyan, Moscan, Boyd, and Stutzman all are impact players. If we change our Head Coach that opens the door for players to leave, the players listed will be seniors with a new coach if Evans isn't resigned which means rebuilding. Do you really think these players are going to want to be part of a program that's rebuilding in their senior year?

Hank42 no I do not. I could see them becoming grad transfers like Novak very easily. Leaving us in a baaaad spot. But I hope not.

Yes they could become grad transfers BUT I thought the NCAA allowed athletes to leave with no restrictions if there was a change in coaching staff ( Head Coach) ?

Hank42 said:
I thought the NCAA allowed athletes to leave with no restrictions if there was a change in coaching staff ( Head Coach) ?

That's one of the measures being floated out there for consideration by the NCAA regarding transfer policies.

However the talk is that all discussion along those lines will be tabled until after the FBI probe ends.

So the current rule would remain in place regardless of a coaching change is made at the head level i.e. you have to sit out a year.

PBP

I agree with hank42 that we are just a player or two away from really competing for a championship. But I worry who is going recruit now that we’re down asts. Wasn’t one of the guys bailing in charge of recruiting? IMO talent has not been the factor the last few years. Injuries and frankly bad coaching has. But I am no expert on coaching. Just seems we get less done with more. Even dating back to the Hansen and Sanchez years.

Bengalfan37 said:
I agree with hank42 that we are just a player or two away from really competing for a championship. But I worry who is going recruit now that we’re down asts. Wasn’t one of the guys bailing in charge of recruiting? IMO talent has not been the factor the last few years. Injuries and frankly bad coaching has. But I am no expert on coaching. Just seems we get less done with more. Even dating back to the Hansen and Sanchez years.
Bengals are essentially looking for two players — a JUCO big and a “backup plan” player assuming Kyle Ingram’s appeal is denied. Tim Walsh and Bill are working that search. Shouldn’t take more than two coaches to recruit two players, especially since they have already identified targets.

Latest posts

Back