• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New commit----DE Colton Paulhus, Granite Bay HS

bengalbeliever

As I mentioned earlier, another new Bengal football player.
He is Colton Paulhus listed at 6'2" 265 lbs.(275 ??) DE/DT from Granite Bay HS in CA.
Granite Bay is and has been a powerhouse for several years in football in NorCal.
They were defending D2 Section Champs and just fell short to eventual state champion Grant HS in the playoffs.
Colton was the key man up front and has great speed for a player his size.
Solid frame and avid workout athlete.

He was recruited by several other Big Sky teams but thouroughly enjoyed his trip to Poky a few weekends ago to cancel a pending trip.
It all seemed like the right fit.
I know him and family personally and they are 'stoked' about his commitment and ISU.

Another good 'get' this season by a staff that has been working their tails off to get the right kids.
They hit the mark with this kid.
Given our situation on the DL, it wouldn't surprise me to see this kid get some serious PT in the upcoming season.

GO BENGALS!!

Wow! If this keeps up, some of the "Eyore" fans here may have to change their attitude...Nice!

bengalbeliever said:
As I mentioned earlier, another new Bengal football player.
He is Colton Paulhus listed at 6'2" 265 lbs.(275 ??) DE/DT from Granite Bay HS in CA.
Granite Bay is and has been a powerhouse for several years in football in NorCal.
They were defending D2 Section Champs and just fell short to eventual state champion Grant HS in the playoffs.
Colton was the key man up front and has great speed for a player his size.
Solid frame and avid workout athlete.

He was recruited by several other Big Sky teams but thouroughly enjoyed his trip to Poky a few weekends ago to cancel a pending trip.
It all seemed like the right fit.
I know him and family personally and they are 'stoked' about his commitment and ISU.

Another good 'get' this season by a staff that has been working their tails off to get the right kids.
They hit the mark with this kid.
Given our situation on the DL, it wouldn't surprise me to see this kid get some serious PT in the upcoming season.

GO BENGALS!!

ESPN evaluation and video:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=59538&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d59538%26season%3d2009

Evaluation

Paulhus is a high motor defender. He seems to be all over the field trying to get in on plays. At the high school level he is a swing player, lining up some at end at tackle on defense. Judging by his size he will likely at least start out as a defensive end in college. He will flash the ability to come off the ball and shoot his hands and create separation. He needs to be more consistent with his hands as at times he will let a blocker get into him. He is physical player at the point of attack, but needs to add bulk and stay low as he can be pushed off the ball. At end he does an adequate job of coming across the ball and being able to squeeze down. He is not a kid that gets a lot of penetration and displays adequate short-area change-of-direction skills. He hustles in pursuit and displays adequate speed. He is a solid tackler and gets in on a good amount of plays, but would like to see him make more plays at or behind the line of scrimmage. As a pass rusher he will display the ability to get some push to try and bull rush. He needs to work on developing pass rush moves to help him more quickly take on and defeat blockers. Paulhus comes across as a kid that will line up and battle for you in the trenches. He needs to keep developing physically and as a player.

Latest posts

Back