• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Freshman

blackfootbengal

I spent some time watching some of the new kids tonight and on Monday. Sometimes it amazes my how fast some of them pick up what the coaches want. First I'll talk about the DB's.

For Todd Nakano's dad, he is looking better each day as he learns. As all of them did, he looked a little shell shocked the first day. He is coming along fine now.

Brenan Ghassemieh is one hell of a cover corner, with strength gains and size from the weight room I look for great things from this kid.

Brandon Green is an amazing athlete, each day he is more impressive.

Phillip Pleasant, a kid with great speed at the Safety position.

AJ Storm is probley the most ready of the kids I have seen, along with Green and Pleasant the safety position looks good for the furture

George Ortiz a JC corner is everything you can want in a CB. Competition for the other CB spot is going to ge tight.

The young O-Linemen are going to be very good in the future. Clayson, Kyle Whimpey, Kyle McGuire are all playing well. The progress they have made since Monday amazes me. Monday the returners were just using these young kids in the drills, today they were competing and doing a good job.

Kevin Whimpey and Jake Rouser are going to be studs, both have great motors and with time in the weight room will get better and better. Mykel Durr is a tremendous hand fighter and shows real skills, again another future star.

Mitch Beckstead from Westside shows some potential, reminds me of Arias when he came in. The first thing you notice is he has the speed to play the game, now we just have to see if he has game.

A tremendous pickup for us is the snapper Chris Kirkegaard, he is as good a snapper as I have seen at ISU. He lacks Jared's size but can do all the snapping duties as wells as Jared.

I'll comment again as I notice things. Have a nice day.

Just what the doctor ordered, Blackfoot.

Do you know if Durr is playing DT or DE? If he is a DE--he may have a crack at the lineup as a FR.

When I was watching he was playing inside, good quickness and great hands. I don't look for any of the freshman to play this year, with all the JC kids and returners I don't think any will have to. Something I didn't mention was Krosch from Mackay. This kid is going to be the most dangerous reciever on the team by next year. At 6-6 215 lbs, you had better bring your lunch when you cover him, he will kick, bite and scratch for the ball. Made a tremendous catch to night one handed going to the ground.

When I was watching he was playing inside, good quickness and great hands. I don't look for any of the freshman to play this year, with all the JC kids and returners I don't think any will have to. Something I didn't mention was Krosch from Mackay. This kid is going to be the most dangerous reciever on the team by next year. At 6-6 215 lbs, you had better bring your lunch when you cover him, he will kick, bite and scratch for the ball. Made a tremendous catch to night one handed going to the ground.

I really have not watched him much, today I think he was sitting out. When you see him in person he will remind you of Isaac Mitchell, similar build and look.

Wes Fletcher is HUGE, every bit of 215 lbs. and on physicality alone, he is ready for DI ball. It remains to be seen if he can block and pick up the schemes. I bet he redshirts with the addition of Bird, but man he brings a bright future... I'm glad blackfoot talked about Krosch, as I think he'll be our 3rd best WR this year behind Eddie and Jaron...

Wes is in a boot and will miss all of fall camp....he's probably back on the field in practice mode during the bye week after Idaho is my guess. By the way, the catch Blackfootbengal is talking about that Krosch made is one of the more amazing athletic plays I've seen. It wasn't just one handed....it was like the Antonio Freeman catch on Monday night where it should have hit the ground, but Kelvin got his arm under it and popped it back up...it was unreal, and I was like 15 feet away from it. The Beckstead/Arias comparison is brilliant....I hadn't thought about that one.

ISUSID

Yes...a lingering injury from a high school track meet, it's something he played through for his high school all-star game, but in order for it to actually heal, it's four weeks in a boot. Could he play on it? Yeah, possibly, but better to fix it now then have a long term problem later. He is an Isaac Mitchell clone body-wise though.

ISUSID

The Freshman have all improved as they have learned what is expected of them and adjusted to the speed and size of the college game. Durr as I said earlier is great at keeping the OL off of him allowing him to rush more effectivly. He is going to get better and better. The other freshman are also improving with each practice. Rouser and Whimpey are also going to be very good. Two walk-ons have impressed. Beckwith on defense and Ward on Offense, both have shown some real ability.

Latest posts

Back