• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Head Coach = New Helment Decal

81Champs

I have been following the football team for over 35 years and usually every time (tradition ?) with a new head coach change there is a helment decal change to reflect the new vision / direction within the program.
Thus, what is everyone's suggestions ?

Mine is to eliminate the center decal altogether (its ugly and does not belong on the new Riddel "flex" design) and add a tiger paw (Clemson) to at least one side of the helment....

We can only hope that coach Phen considers this minor exterior change to reflect a new successful direction for the program ?!?!

Courtesy of "The Helmet Project."

ISU%20Helmets1_zps12y2o26p.jpg

ISU%20Helmets2_zpsssnrod45.jpg

Thanks SLCBengal, great post indeed on the helment history at ISU....
Although a decal update is a minor exterior change it is in my opinion a significant change needed to reflect a renewed / fresh start to a new era of Bengal football ....
I honestly believe we are now headed in the right direction ....
Mike did a great job getting us out of the abyss and laying the foundation and now coach Phen and crew are taking us to the next level (sooner than we know)....
God speed & Go Bengals !!!!

'we are now headed in the right direction ....'

10 - 38

amazing what counts as a great job for some people

spartan said:
'we are now headed in the right direction ....'

10 - 38

amazing what counts as a great job for some people

I believe 81champs was referring to Kramer fixing the APR's, players doing well in the classroom, getting players graduated, and players doing well socially in the public but I hear you on his win-loss record.

New Coach - let see what he can do before making predictions 81Champs as he is 0-0 at ISU as a head coach.

Robert Crompton, ISU's Director of Equipment Operations, is hinting that next year's helmets might be different (at least in terms of color)...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Crompton21/status/859128163292463104[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Crompton21/status/859253766205210626[/tweet]

SLCBengal & Robert...

Great to hear about the new color change for the helmets, similar to a new fresh coat of paint at home during spring or fall to spruce things up !!!!

My hope is a black or dark grey shell with WHITE (a must) facemasks, NO center decal, a white / orange trim tiger paw (think Clemson decal) and white / orange trim I/S decal on the other side.

When will we know ? During the summer or just prior to fall camp ?

New uniform colors too ?

We need positive, re-freshing change from top to bottom everywhere to reflect the NEW era in Bengal football !!!!

God speed and Go Bengals !!!!

81Champs said:
SLCBengal & Robert...

Great to hear about the new color change for the helmets, similar to a new fresh coat of paint at home during spring or fall to spruce things up !!!!

My hope is a black or dark grey shell with WHITE (a must) facemasks, NO center decal, a white / orange trim tiger paw (think Clemson decal) and white / orange trim I/S decal on the other side.

When will we know ? During the summer or just prior to fall camp ?

New uniform colors too ?

We need positive, re-freshing change from top to bottom everywhere to reflect the NEW era in Bengal football !!!!

God speed and Go Bengals !!!!
x2
Completely agree with everything you said!

Latest posts

Back