• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Helmets Please

BengalSapper

I watch a lot of football and have noticed the cool helmets that are out there. I think that the white helmets are absolutely ugly. ISU needs to replace and update them. I don’t care white is not intimidating. The helmets need to be black it is more intimidating color. I have heard the excuse that the white helmets are tradition. The Bengals won the 81 championship with black helmets with orange paw prints. ISU needs a flat black helmet with a high gloss silver/grey tiger face, an updated logo or maybe even orange. ISU needs something new. ISU should have a design the new helmet competition and fund raiser. I know money…… I will buy a new helmet for the team and I bet allot of other Bengal fans would help. Where do I send my check? I set up a poll for some fun everyone that reads this please vote leave some feed back get a little life on the board.

:twocents: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Its the player under the helmet that is intimidating, whether the color of the helmet be black, white, or pink. Black Hills State might think ISU was intimidating, but the rest of the world saw #112 out of a field of 122. Give Kramer some time and he will have intimidating players worthy of black helmets.

What happened to the black logo on the helmet with the orange outline? I think that looked alot better than the orange logo.

BengalSapper said:
I watch a lot of football and have noticed the cool helmets that are out there. I think that the white helmets are absolutely ugly. ISU needs to replace and update them. I don’t care white is not intimidating. The helmets need to be black it is more intimidating color. I have heard the excuse that the white helmets are tradition. The Bengals won the 81 championship with black helmets with orange paw prints. ISU needs a flat black helmet with a high gloss silver/grey tiger face, an updated logo or maybe even orange. ISU needs something new. ISU should have a design the new helmet competition and fund raiser. I know money…… I will buy a new helmet for the team and I bet allot of other Bengal fans would help. Where do I send my check? I set up a poll for some fun everyone that reads this please vote leave some feed back get a little life on the board.

:twocents: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Disagree 100%! Back to the paw prints copied from Clemson? No.

I like the I-S interlocking logo, it's unique and well represents ISU. Change the color if you like but keep the design and make it a part of ISU athletics now and into the future.

Revise history much? :winky:

ISU won the national championship with ORANGE helmlets, and the logo was black with interlocking "I" and "S."

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like the current interlocking "I" and "S" logo. It's simple, attractive, yet very identifiable. Keep it, and keep it orange. I hated it when it was black under Zamberlin.

Too many schools use black. It's not intimidating, at least not nearly as much as it used to be. Even BSU pushes its blue more than its orange. We need to use the orange more and more. No more "white outs, "black outs," or whatever other limited marketing idea the department puts out here. How many people know that Idaho's colors are actually silver and gold? Those are cool colors, but all they ever use is black, white, and the occasional gold/yellow color.

Part of ISU's problem, in my opinion, is they are too generic in marketing and presenting themselves. It's hard to establish an identity and tradition when you change logos every few years.

How many think a different color of helmets will improve a team? Most teams have a chioce of two team colors and white. Let's take playing at BSU, I would favor their team in a white helmet just for the reason that it would make them more visible. Generelly, USU goes with a whith helmet with a big Utah State emblem on them. I really have no preferrence, but contact the designer of the Oregon Ducks and get some ideas. :|

sasquatch said:
Revise history much? :winky:

ISU won the national championship with ORANGE helmlets, and the logo was black with interlocking "I" and "S."

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like the current interlocking "I" and "S" logo. It's simple, attractive, yet very identifiable. Keep it, and keep it orange. I hated it when it was black under Zamberlin.

Too many schools use black. It's not intimidating, at least not nearly as much as it used to be. Even BSU pushes its blue more than its orange. We need to use the orange more and more. No more "white outs, "black outs," or whatever other limited marketing idea the department puts out here. How many people know that Idaho's colors are actually silver and gold? Those are cool colors, but all they ever use is black, white, and the occasional gold/yellow color.

Part of ISU's problem, in my opinion, is they are too generic in marketing and presenting themselves. It's hard to establish an identity and tradition when you change logos every few years.

You are right I thought it was black but orange is cool. What I am saying is that we need something that can be identified as Idaho State and that stands out. We need a white, black, and orange helmet. All white uniforms or all black, mixed but something different. I don’t mind the I and S but make it our own do something that makes people notice. If wins are not present it will take the Fans the 12th man to help create the buzz and the energy on game day. If this means helmet colors or what ever we need to try.

To me the helmets don't make that much of a difference. I agree with the late Dubby Holt in that the all black uniforms are soooo ugly and we've got to do something with that. By far the worst ones in the league. Black would be much better if you were to use the black jerseys with white pants with trim or else had some more orange to the whole thing, like what Oklahoma State and Oregon State have done with theirs in the past. But as it is now they're absolutely atrocious. Those things are an embarrassment, in my humble opinion. I liked the orange jerseys much better.

Love the classic white helmet with orange letters and black trim.
Ditto to the orange jerseys with white pants.
Intimidation factor? White helmets never seemed to affect the records of Penn State and Nebraska for starters.
Until we get loads (and I mean loads) of Nike money, be satisfied with one consistent uniform and helmet style.

Latest posts

Back