• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New ISU Women's Basketball Assistant Coach...

PBP

POCATELLO, Idaho – The Idaho State women's basketball program welcomes Bryanna Mueller to its coaching staff as announced by Head Coach Seton Sobolewski. Mueller will act as an assistant coach for the Bengals and will be primarily be responsible for travel, equipment, academics and film exchange in addition to assisting with guard play.

"Bry comes to us from Arizona State where she was a graduate assistant and played an important part in their Pac-12 championship team," Sobolewski said. "She is bright, ambitious and she's hard-working. I think she'll make a very positive impact on our program."

Although this is Mueller's first official coaching position, she has no shortage of experience. She began as a player at the Air Force Academy prep school, worked as a manager for the Drake women's basketball program, transitioned to a student-athlete for the Bulldogs and spent the 2015-16 season as a graduate assistant for the 2015-16 Pac-12 champions, Arizona State.

"I'm really excited," Mueller said. "I've had different experiences, but I know I'm ready to coach."

During her last position as graduate assistant with the Sun Devils, Mueller was ASU's video coordinator which entailed film exchanges with other universities, game coding, practice film breakdown and scouting preparation. She was in charge of supervising, directing and scheduling six student managers and 20 scout players daily, and she assisted with operation including all facets of team travel and practice statistics.

"It's crazy all the different connections I have with Seton, both at Arizona State and even at the Air Force Academy," Mueller said. "Idaho State just has a great staff, and that's what you want…It's great knowing that I'm going to be working with people that I want to work with. It's a great program, and having played at a mid-major program I think I'll fit in really well."

PBP

Which coach is she replacing? Heard last year's grad assistant moved over to Montana State, but the story doesn't make it sound like she's going to be a grad assistant here.

JJB:

Brea takes over for Andrea Videbeck who returned to the Phoenix area.

My wife and I had dinner with her before she left. Vi said that after spending almost 10 years in Pocatello it was time for a change in direction. She is looking for some stability in her life. Plus her mother has been dealing with some health issues the past year or so and that I'm sure also played a big factor in her decision.

It's a lot like Ashley Elliott who left after the championship season because her dad was fighting some serious health concerns.

Vi will be missed but she did what she felt she had to do.

Jason Alvine indeed was hired by Montana State. Very happy for him...great guy. He'll be the women's basketball Director of Operations AND their radio play by play guy. Interesting combination, haven't heard of that one before.

PBP

Latest posts

Back