• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Mayor...New field turf???

dave84again

we do have a new mayor. if we work it just right and threaten to chop the city off, maybe we can get Blad to pony up a few coins for the turf.

Mayor Chase fully supported the bond to upgrade Holt. The new mayor is supposedly more "conservative" and far less likely to get behind such a proposition. As much the citizens' attitude toward Holt irritates me, I think the voters have spoken loudly and clearly on using property taxes to upgrade Holt. The university is going to have to find its own sources of revenue for any upgrades.

Mayor's Chase's support of the Holt Bond issue has been listed as one reason that he lost the election. The citizens of Pocatello are not progressive. It's a nice city to live but at this point the unwillingness of the population to spend money to better itself is catching up to us.

Mayor Chase is a huge Bengal fan. I spoke with him on election night and he wanted to know the score of the men's game.Several times Chase has used his power to help ISU. He even tried to force BSU and Idaho to play us every year when he worked at the state house. Chase knew he was taking a risk when he pushed for the Holt Arena bond but it was something he believed in. BIad on the other hand is a Ricks College drop out who couldn't care less about ISU athletics.

Chase was awesome, I really enjoyed the guy, he's a good man and a real Bengal.

Oh God, Blad is from Ricks? Great, that's the LAST thing we need.

DISLIKE!

isusuperfan said:

DISLIKE!

What are you...a religious bigot? I went to Ricks...and BYU.

votb said:
isusuperfan said:

DISLIKE!

What are you...a religious bigot? I went to Ricks...and BYU.

Not sure where you got the religious angle... especially one strong enough to call another man a bigot.

On second thought, I'm the last one that should be calling people out.

Me? A bigot? No, I just don't like the idea of a small-town type guy running a bigger operation like Pocatello, who is unwilling to spend money to make money (although it is wise not to spend exorbitant amounts of money faster than they can make money *Utah, cough cough*).

Superfan, Quit blowing smoke by your weak explanation. We know of your dislike for BYU and Mormons in general. That's OK, we can handle it.

Latest posts

Back