• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Radio Home KEIR 101.1 FM

HTRN

Where is the FM transmitter in Holt arena this year? It would be nice to listen to the radio broadcast while watching the game in person, as in past years.
PS: Is there a Wi-Fi phone link inside Holt? For network streaming.

Yes, it was frustrating that I could not listen to the play by play in the dome like in the past. VOTB, is there a solution? It really helps to follow the game on the radio while watching in person (and it expands the audience because lots of people do this).

I appreciate you letting me know, because I know other people that took their radios and could hear the game. You were tuned in to 101.1 FM, right? We did realize at halftime that KEIR was running the game on a 10-second delay, so it created a situation where the announcing was behind the actual action on the field. We got that fixed at halftime.
You should fine the game just down the dial from where they were last year on 102.5...please tell me if 101.1 was what you were looking for. One way or another we'll get it fixed...

GO BENGALS!

VOTB, thanks for the reply. I was listening to the pre-game on my Sony Walkman as I walked from Reed Gym to the dome. As soon as I got inside the dome, I could not longer pick up the single. I guess that it could be an issue with my Sony Walkman but it worked on the walk and then the signal was lost once inside.

I used to be able to get any FM stations with my headphone radio once I was in the dome, unless it was a weak signal. I just couldn't get any AM stations. Since it is an FM station that will be carrying the games, then I would think that there wouldn't be any problems listening to this.

boisebengal said:
I used to be able to get any FM stations with my headphone radio once I was in the dome, unless it was a weak signal. I just couldn't get any AM stations. Since it is an FM station that will be carrying the games, then I would think that there wouldn't be any problems listening to this.

i could always listen to 102.5 FM in the dome and I could listen to it yesterday in the dome. KEIR is in Idaho Falls, I wonder if that makes a difference?Then again, others could apparently listen to the station according to VOTB.

I would like to thank everyone for their replies. Sorry I’m a little late updating this post, I was outside catching up with yard work “ya-hoo”.
Yes I was trying to tune to KEIR 101.1 and to 92.7 FM. The signals came in very weak and if I held my old analog tuning (Emerson AM/FM cassette player) just right the signal came in for a minute or two very weakly. This is why I was wondering if they were going to use the FM transmitter inside Holt that I believe KMGI 102.5 FM used in the past. It may have been sent at a different frequency inside Holt I don’t remember?
I am ordering a radio with digital tuning for next week. Hopefully it works better. Or better yet, hopefully they will use the FM transmitter inside Holt.

Watched the game on-line. No problem with the new internet set up. In fact it was a massive improvement.
As far as radio coverage goes, if you drive to the top of one of the buttes and point the hood of your vehicle towards Bone, the radio signal is marvelous! :lol:

Online video was good but I could not hear the play by play over the crowd mic for most of the game. Gotta watch those levels fellas.

bengalcub said:
Online video was good but I could not hear the play by play over the crowd mic for most of the game. Gotta watch those levels fellas.

Same. Improved video was great, but I couldn't hear Jerry or Mark either.

Latest posts

Back