• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New Staff?

I have heard absolutely nothing on assistant coaches. Kramer will be required to interview all the current coaches with the exception of Zamberlin.

I'm not going to say anything bad about Zamberlin because I know that he and his staff worked very hard and gave it their all. And the players all liked him, and I was certainly impressed by the kind of person he is. And I wish Mike Kramer and his staff the best in the future. And I hope that Kramer considers at least a few of Zamberlin's staff members to be part of his staff, but with all of his contacts maybe he already knows who he's going to hire.

But the cupboard's certainly not bare for next season as we've got some good players coming back, and I would think that Kramer and staff would probably recruit a good mixture of JC kids and high school seniors in February. Expectations aren't really that high for this program like they are for say, Montana, where the Grizzlies are expected to go to the playoffs every year and compete for the nat'l championship. In fact it may take a few years or so before we start having winning seasons, but under Kramer I think it's realistic that we could win more than one game for next season! I think Kramer's a great hire for this program and that Tingey did the right thing. Eventually I'd like to see us go to the playoffs because it would be a lot of fun for this university and for Pocatello. And once we start winning then it's just a lot easier to consistently recruit better athletes. And it's proven that once we start winning then we'll get pretty good crowds to come out and watch the Bengals.

I think that the Big Sky will prove to be a very strong and stable conference for years to come with the addition of Cal Poly, UND, SUU, and others. But it's the WAC that probably won't even exist within the next few years. If this happens, then it would be nice to have Idaho as our rival again in football. But according to the Vandal message board, if the WAC falls apart then Idaho would probably just drop football and go into the Big Sky in everything else. If this happens then it would be better for ISU anyway, because you'd have more state support going to ISU and BSU. And even if kids aren't good enough to play for BSU, which is no disgrace, then they'd just fall into ISU's lap -- and it's advantageous that we can offer partial scholarships and divvy up scholarships any way we want to, whereas 1-A teams can't do that.

So having two football programs for a state that has about 1.5 million people isn't bad and this can be beneficial to both ISU and BSU, whereas Utah for example, has about 2.7 million people and they have six schools with FB programs. True, BYU doesn't receive any state support because they receive support from the church, but they do fight it out with the other teams in the state for recruits, fans and booster support. I'm still wondering if Utah State will be invited to the MWC, or if they'll eventually have to drop their program as well, or possibly go into the Big Sky.

homeytennis said:
Look for Marcel Yates to be the DC and some WSU players to accompany Kramer and be immediately eligible.

Possible. However, Kramer, by his own admission, didn't interact much or build up many relationships with the players.

Another possible name is Robert Tucker. He has a masters from ISU and is currently the assistant head coach at Univ of Sioux Falls an NAIA school that is undefeated I think. He was on Hawkins staff at BSU and Colorado and had been a GA at the UofO about 11 years ago. He recruited a lot of BSU players that started them on their run.

Kramer mentioned today that he has one assistant coach lined up... wasn't mentioning names, maybe later this week.

Latest posts

Back