• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Next Year's Schedule...

PBP

Heard from a few very good sources today that the BSC has decided to move to a 20 game conference schedule starting next year.

That means, you'll have only nine non-conference games.

It means a "true" champion and that you'll play everyone else in the conference both home and road. (For ISU it also means the chance for a few more home games for both the women and the men. And that's a big deal.)

PBP

PBP said:
(For ISU it also means the chance for a few more home games for both the women and the men. And that's a big deal.)

PBP

Doesn't it just mean 1 "extra" home game? The conference has played an 18 game schedule, so 9 home and 9 away. Now a 20 game schedule means 10 home and 10 away.

Yes, one extra for each program.

PBP

Based on what I am hearing I have a rough idea of the women's non-conference schedule for next year, nothing set in stone yet but it should be along these lines:

Road / Neutral: Caucun Mexico Tournament vs. Georgia Tech & Kennesaw State, Arizona, Cal-Baptist, Utah State

Home: Seattle, Pepperdine, Utah Valley, NAIA school.

So the women should have 14 home games next year, 10 conference, four non-conference. For ISU that's not bad at all.

PBP

So the non-conference schedule goes from 11 games to 9 games? Let's say for the men's team you replace "Bethesda" with a home conference game, that's not a bad thing. But the extra conference away game replaces a non-conference game, so which game do you take away? If ISU needs money games, those won't go. So do you lose a chance on a 1 & 1 series, or do you just lose the other non D1 home game? Seems like a tougher non-conference?

I like that all teams play each other an equal number of times, but as far as the overall schedule, I could see it pinching ISU a little.

Bill on the last coaches show said next year the men would have "four or five" money games. So apparently the change in non-conference games isn't going to impact that. Like you said they may be replacing a cupcake with a tougher conference foe BUT still having a bunch of tough road money games against Power Five schools.

PBP

This year we lost out on two home games against the Montana schools and that was a disappointment. Getting home games against good non conference teams is becoming a bigger issue and this addresses that.

Wulfz said:
This year we lost out on two home games against the Montana schools and that was a disappointment. Getting home games against good non conference teams is becoming a bigger issue and this addresses that.

The men did, the women did not.

PBP

PBP said:
Wulfz said:

The men did, the women did not.

PBP
The women lost Idaho and EWU, though, which would have been very attractive games. The full round-robin schedule just makes so much sense.

I assume that with a 20 game conference schedule, that conference play will have to start in mid-December? In past years, the conference season has started around December 30 so we are now looking conference games right before Christmas?

spudbowl said:
I assume that with a 20 game conference schedule, that conference play will have to start in mid-December? In past years, the conference season has started around December 30 so we are now looking conference games right before Christmas?

Hard to say for sure. Part of it is how the calendar falls from year to year.

PBP

Latest posts

Back