• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

No Post Season?

Skippy

The Big Sky announced tonight that Montana, Idaho and EWU are going to play in the College Basketball invitational, and North Dakota in the CIT but there was no mention of the Bengals. I'm assuming this means their season is over. Not surprised given their 16-15 record, but I was hoping for more basketball nonetheless.

There's still the Vegas 16. Not sure what it's all about, and I probably won't be holding my breath for it, but it's something.

Fascinating. Apparently the power conference teams that got passed over for the NIT all bailed so they decided to go to 8 teams. Boise State was planning to go to Vegas but bailed when they saw none of the power teams were coming.

Skippy said:
The Big Sky announced tonight that Montana, Idaho and EWU are going to play in the College Basketball invitational, and North Dakota in the CIT but there was no mention of the Bengals. I'm assuming this means their season is over. Not surprised given their 16-15 record, but I was hoping for more basketball nonetheless.

For what it's worth, Seattle University (Idaho's opponent in the CBI), finished the season at 14-16 (and about 30 spots below ISU in RPI). Savannah State is in the CIT with a 16-15 record (about 20 spots below ISU in RPI).

I'm also curious as to whether ISU seriously considered these tournaments...

SLCBengal said:
For what it's worth, Seattle University (Idaho's opponent in the CBI), finished the season at 14-16 (and about 30 spots below ISU in RPI). Savannah State is in the CIT with a 16-15 record (about 20 spots below ISU in RPI).

I'm also curious as to whether ISU seriously considered these tournaments...

For a program that hasn't sniffed the postseason in decades I would hope that isn't the case.

The cost for the men from what I was told would have been 40 thousand dollars for the Vegas Eight Event.

The women's fee for tournaments like the WBI are less of course but still considerable.

I understand there was interest in both the men and the women from some of those tournaments, exactly how much and if the interest was mutual I have no idea.

Brad is right (as usual) in that you have to think that kind of money played a factor and as far as the women, as long as I've known Seton his interest lies with either the NCAA's or the WNIT. I don't know if he feels the cost for any other event is worth it overall.

PBP

PBP said:
I understand there was interest in both the men and the women from some of those tournaments, exactly how much and if the interest was mutual I have no idea.

I wonder if ISU turned down the CIT. I just noticed that they only filled 26 of their originally promised 32 slots for that tournament (the top-3 first-round winners get byes to the quarterfinals).

Latest posts

Back