• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

North Dakota Negotiating Its Way Out

Skippy

The Grand Forks Herald carried a story on Saturday saying North Dakota is actively negotiating its way out of the Big Sky. The story said UND is talking with the Missouri Valley and The Summitt League so that the Hawks can leave the Big Sky by 2018-19 at the latest.

Skippy said:
The Grand Forks Herald carried a story on Saturday saying North Dakota is actively negotiating its way out of the Big Sky. The story said UND is talking with the Missouri Valley and The Summitt League so that the Hawks can leave the Big Sky by 2018-19 at the latest.

Brad:

Is this for all sports or all sports but football? The initial rumor was UND would stay in the Big Sky for football because of opposition to them joining the Missouri Valley in that sport led by N.D. State.

PBP

Let them go! Let's encourage some other schools to follow them. I miss the traditional rivalries and having the Montana schools in the dome every year.

PBP said:
Skippy said:

Brad:

Is this for all sports or all sports but football? The initial rumor was UND would stay in the Big Sky for football because of opposition to them joining the Missouri Valley in that sport led by N.D. State.

PBP
It appears to be for all sports, although there are a lot of moving parts. We shall see how it all shakes out.

...I'm with Red Hill....I've always thought the Big Sky Conference made a mistake going with the "The More The Merrier" plan....1....I have always thought it "diluted" the quality and reputation of the Big Sky.....and 2...I agree with Red Hill....I like the local ....and original rivalries between the charter members.....

It's too crowded IMO. You rarely know who the best team is based on the fact you never see all the teams play each other. I also feel like there are two classes of teams in the big sky, and every year those two groups of teams vary a little.

Latest posts

Back