• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Northern Colorado tourney game

bigskyconf

Game at 7pm from Boise (or 30 minutes after the end of the first game). Viks have beaten the Bears twice already so we are going for the trifecta (as the kid says, "Trifecta? U-Betcha!!!").

With the Ducks losing, we are the last hope for an Oregon school to make March Madness. I think the Ducks just played themselves out of the Big Dance.

I hear a rumor that Altitude sports was trying to get the OK to broadcast the mens conference semifinals. The wife has Altitude sports but they usually block the Nuggets and Avalanche games here.

Please excuse this slight tangent from watching Montana State beat Weber in a scratch-and-claw game, not to mention earlier games in this tourney.

But I was imagining Joe Cravens reading standard Pac-12 Network Bill Walton quotes on air and enjoying the chaos.

I hope we hear the Marv Albert "Starks for three" impersonation again tonight by the BSC broadcast crew. :)

Let's go Viks!

Diggin in for some D the last couple minutes.

Some of the made midrangeshots last night > forced 3-footers tonight.

That brief glimmer of hope with 14 seconds left was something. Now to figure out how to not be too desperate when launching. Liking many of the building blocks here, just hope PSU learns how not to get poached during transfer season. The obvious trick is to earn more first round byes.

I get so frustrated watching the college game. Like this game, I don't understand if you're down 5 with 7 seconds left, get the quick 2 if that is what the defense is giving you, then try for the quick steal, but be prepared to foul right away. It makes more sense than shoot the 3, rebound, then shoot the 3 again. I don't get it.

bigskyconf said:
I get so frustrated watching the college game. Like this game, I don't understand if you're down 5 with 7 seconds left, get the quick 2 if that is what the defense is giving you, then try for the quick steal, but be prepared to foul right away. It makes more sense than shoot the 3, rebound, then shoot the 3 again. I don't get it.

The way others tell the story of this season, Coach Coburn made a radical transformation mid-term..Everything turns around. The NCAA limits practice time, so it’s really hard to reimplement a late game plan. Now, if he’s efficient enough with time next year, we can hope there’s more of a system in place. We’ll see.

Pounder said:
bigskyconf said:

The way others tell the story of this season, Coach Coburn made a radical transformation mid-term..Everything turns around. The NCAA limits practice time, so it’s really hard to reimplement a late game plan. Now, if he’s efficient enough with time next year, we can hope there’s more of a system in place. We’ll see.

It's not just us. I see a lot of this across the whole college basketball landscape. Ten seconds is a long time in a game. Heck, seven seconds can even be a lifetime. Teams don't need to be jacking up threes in a two possession situation.

I guess I just watch too much NBA. It would be nice if the NCAA would narrow the gap between the two.

Latest posts

Back