• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Northern Colorado

bengalfanatic

Anyone seen this team play or know what they look like? I know they have only 1 win over San Diego, but they have been competetive in most of their games...do we have a chance in this one?

I think that this is a game that ISU wins.

In games 8, 9, 10 and 11, the "death rattle" may be too loud to ignore.

These will be the last few (labored) breaths taken in the Zamberlin era, says I, Cubstradamus.

Crude I know, give me hell, I deserve it.

Took a quick peek at the 2009 BSC stats http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/football/2009/stats/confldrs.htm, and if ISU is going to get their first win of 2009, the game v. UNC might as well be it

Offensively, both are offensive. Okay that was a poor attempt of humor, but both teams rank 8th and 9th, UNC and ISU, respectively, in scoring OFF and total OFF. Both are in the bottom third in RUSH and PASS OFF.(NOTE: the stats include 5 games for UNC and 6 games for ISU)

Defensively, statistically, UNC is better in scoring DEF and total DEF. UNC leads the BSC in PASS DEF, but is 2nd to last in RUSH DEF.

A couple of other stats I look into are 3rd down efficiency and turnover margin. UNC is #6 (ISU is #9) in 3rd down efficiency. Both are in the middle third of the BSC in opponents 3rd down efficiency. As far as turnover margin, UNC is at zero while ISU is at - 10 (ouch). UNC has only thrown 2 INTS. It's incredible to believe that ISU has turned the ball over 23 times (almost 2/game). Fortunately, the ISU DEF has done a good job in takeaways.

Considering the OFF and DEF of both teams, I see this game in the 20s, and which ever team wins the TO battle and/or establishes the RUSH OFF will win the game. A play in the kicking game will also be a deciding factor.

For ISU to win, they must hold onto the ball and build on last week's RUSH OFF. ISU DEF must create turnovers because UNC does a pretty good job of ball security (only 8 turnovers lost). I think the ISU OL is improving and will create some creases and gaps for the ISU RBs (assuming they're healthy). RH will manage the game and make better decisions in his reads/progressions. Defensively, ISU will make UNC OFF work to move the ball and not give up a "big play."

This is the week ISU gets its first win.....barely.
ISU - 23
UNC - 21

bengalcub said:
These will be the last few (labored) breaths taken in the Zamberlin era, says I, Cubstradamus.

Crude I know, give me hell, I deserve it.

Zamberlin is a great coach -- give him a chance to rebuild this program! The doom and gloom is getting old.

OK--for those looking for a more positive outlook...

ISU will beat Northern Colorado, one step closer to win number two and three and four. With win number four, BOOM--goodbye to the doom and gloom. Actually maybe with win three, you will see a change in me.

Shake up the staff and that may be the right path. Try not to deceive and I start to believe. Keep the players enrolled, that is the right mold. Put butts in the stands, put money in your hands. Stop paying attention to what we write and continue the fight. To solve the winning mystery don't make reference to past history. Respect all the players and down with the naysayers. Less participation from the administration, more growth in the Bengal Nation.

Finally, play more than five games at home and don't make fun of my poem.

bengalcub said:
OK--for those looking for a more positive outlook...

ISU will beat Northern Colorado, one step closer to win number two and three and four. With win number four, BOOM--goodbye to the doom and gloom. Actually maybe with win three, you will see a change in me.

Shake up the staff and that may be the right path. Try not to deceive and I start to believe. Keep the players enrolled, that is the right mold. Put butts in the stands, put money in your hands. Stop paying attention to what we write and continue the fight.

Could you have at least put your positive outlook in the form of a haiku???? :lol: :lol:

ISU goes back to the basics, takes care of the ball and sends N. Colorado home with an exclamation point.

ISU 45 - NC 10.

Kool Aid anyone?

I am a Sac State fan but just wanted to stop by and wish you guys good luck tomorrow! I was at the game in Sac last week and your guys played hard and never let up. I was sitting on the visitors side and I sometimes I saw some frustration but no quit from your coaches or players throughout the game. I know that you guys are getting frustrated, we have been there (and still are from week to week!) but hang in there, the wins will come! I will be pulling for you the rest of the way.

Latest posts

Back