• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

NORTHERN COLORADO

Let's Go Bengals! In spite of......

Offense, Defense, Special Teams please kick ass on Saturday so that we have something positive to talk about!!! We NEEEED this win and on the road too!!!

Just read this:

• Saturday pits the number two passing defense (NC) in the Big Sky against the number one passing offense (ISU).

Also saw this on UNC's forum "I would like this game for UNC if we were at least somewhat healthy. We're really struggling with injuries. Our best player (Bumpas) is most likely out for the season. Thankfully ISU doesn't run the ball much."

Already 14-0. This is not what we need. I think we need someone to push Kramer's ass on the next bus out of town what an embarrassment.

I really would have liked to get the win today, but this is about taking baby steps. Our D line is physically unable to stop the run. I expect the next recruiting class to Focused on improving the d line. Washington St is in a very similar situation as we are. Lets be patient like their fans and give Kramer time to get his players adjusted to his system.

letuknow said:
I really would have liked to get the win today, but this is about taking baby steps. Our D line is physically unable to stop the run. I expect the next recruiting class to Focused on improving the d line. Washington St is in a very similar situation as we are. Lets be patient like their fans and give Kramer time to get his players adjusted to his system.

Really? this is the worst Bengal team in history. They are going backwards not forward.

In the "misery loves company" category. Montana gave up a Big Sky record 660 yards passing in their loss to North Dakota today. (ISU had held the previous dubious distinction. Giving up 624 vs Weber in 1991) And if you're looking for a little good news, congrats to the Bengal soccer team who won the Big Sky regular season championship today.

I don't believe so.

Regarding the "worst team in Bengal history..." you might want to review the days of Garth Hall.

PBP

Today's post game show had Kramer saying that we had a bunch of guys who didn't practice this week.
He also said we had 7 guys in positions they shouldn't have been in. [Wonder if he was talking about himself and his coaching staff?]
It's good to know that there was a good reason or two for the debacle of a game with Northern Colorado.
What a joke! Only problem - not so funny. :thumbdown:
How low can we go? Only time will tell. :oops:

I really thought we could win this game based on both teams having identical records going into the game and the Bengals beating the Bears 50 - 20 last season. As Coach Kramer mentioned, "we will win on the road when we are good enough". The score of 52 - 14 is not even close to being good enough. I feel bad for the senior class as I know they are trying their best to win games.

"we will win on the road when we are good enough". You don't have to be the head cashier at Wal-Mart
to figure that out. I guess he could have said that we will win when we are good enough, period. :oops:

I honestly thought we'd win this game as well, and am surprised we lost this badly to a poor Big Sky team. I really don't see how we'd win another game the rest of the year. I don't think we have any chance against Weber. It's tough driving all the way over from Boise just to see the Bengals play this poorly. Last year it was our offensive line that couldn't provide adequate pass protection for Yost, and this year it's the defensive line that's our weak link. And quite often games are won or lost in the trenches. Our front 3 defensive players weigh only about 250 or less, and ideally we really need them to be at least 285 or so. Right now there's only one d-lineman on the entire roster that weighs anything close to 285, and that's true freshman Mitch Word from Georgia, and I'm not sure he even played this year, did he? Although Kramer frowns on bringing in some JC kids or D-1 drop downs for next year, it would really be the ideal thing to do, if we could, in order to bolster this unit. Provided that we're still committed to play the 3-4 defense in the long run, once we can find 3 decent players who are significantly bigger than who we have, then the whole defense will play much better as a whole, and we should be able to stop the run a lot better than what we have been doing and we wouldn't give up near as many points. I think we've definitely got the tools to do better in other areas.

Also, our QB situation for next year may not be settled either, when you consider that we'll just have Justin Arias and Riley Sessions returning. It would be ideal to bring in a JC transfer or D-1 dropdown for that position as well, but if we're not able to do that because of APR problems, then we'll just have to make do with what we have and bring in an outstanding true freshman as well who can compete. When Kramer was at MSU he brought in Travis Lulay from Oregon, and he was able to start as a true freshman, and went on to have a great career for the Bobcats.

Latest posts

Back