• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Offense Creativity - What's That ?

81Champs

Let's face it, the truth hurts sometimes. The players deserve better coaching period , especially
On offense. The play calling by the OC and/ or Kramer is anemic at best, and is the main reason why we have
And will continue to lose. Absolutely no creativity and very predictable the same thing every week. When a vertical pass does work why not continue doing it until the other team stops it ? Why not a few trick plays (like boise state)and lots of quarterback runs and high percentage plays to spice things up and keep the defense honest ? Don't blame the defense on this latest loss, they played their hearts out. We need a consistant offense that attacks with creativity to keep the defense quessing on every single play. It was refreshing to see Tanner run alittle and rolling outside the pocket. We need more to keep the chains moving, too many 3 and outs..this is not fair to our defense . And when a play does work keep doing it until they stop it. More vertical pass routes than the horizontal sideline cramp which are low percentage plays... Bottom line is get out of the typical pro-set offense and get really creative PLEASE !!!!!!!
Go Bengals !!!

There is a risk as Mike often says with having your quarterback run and take hits as I'm sure you understand. Not saying you are wrong just that things have to be measured at least in part knowing there is not an experienced back up quarterback available in the event the starter gets badly hurt.

PBP

PBP said:
There is a risk as Mike often says with having your quarterback run and take hits as I'm sure you understand. Not saying you are wrong just that things have to be measured at least in part knowing there is not an experienced back up quarterback available in the event the starter gets badly hurt.

PBP

I hear what 81champs is saying and understand Kramer concern PBP but after 5 years of recruiting and knowing this is a passing type of offense where are the good experienced QB's that can take over or compete for the starting QB position if Gueller is unavailable or is not playing well? I like it when Gueller runs the ball. He is bigger than most running backs and knows where the first down markers are located. Heck, he can get hurt on a sack. He played basebal so he knows how to slide if he decides to run the ball. Yesterday, Kramer chewed him out on the bench when he took off on 4th down on our 28 yard line and came up short. He tried his best to get the first down as he did not see any of receivers open. Maybe somebody ought to chew on Kramer a little bit for not winning games after 5 years of recruiting.

up for the challenge said:
PBP said:

PBP

I hear what 81champs is saying and understand Kramer concern PBP but after 5 years of recruiting and knowing this is a passing type of offense where are the good experienced QB's that can take over or compete for the starting QB position if Gueller is unavailable or is not playing well? I like it when Gueller runs the ball. He is bigger than most running backs and knows where the first down markers are located. Heck, he can get hurt on a sack. He played basebal so he knows how to slide if he decides to run the ball. Yesterday, Kramer chewed him out on the bench when he took off on 4th down on our 28 yard line and came up short. He tried his best to get the first down as he did not see any of receivers open. Maybe somebody ought to chew on Kramer a little bit for not winning games after 5 years of recruiting.

Feel free to call in on Wednesday night's during the coaches show and ask Mike directly you're questions / concerns.

That applies to everyone by the way.

Seriously...call in. That's what the show is supposed to be about. Folks bring up some interesting / valid points on the board so why not take it one step further and ask the man himself?

PBP

Questions should come from the media and not the fans. I have never heard a coach say he wants to hear from the fans when a program is not doing so good. He does not to hear the fans concerns or thoughts.

Questions should come from the media and not the fans. I have never heard a coach say he wants to hear from the fans when a program is not doing so good. He does not to hear the fans concerns or thoughts.

Not necessarily true. Media members often have a conflict of interest as in they are paid by a university and the school has the right to expect certain things. You try to balance that fact with some objectivity.

Fans don't have that conflict. If you think something is amiss call in, that's what the coaches show is actually designed and set up for. We've taken phone calls in the past.

Jerry and I (and Brad) have asked tough questions in the past but frankly you can only go so far. Again you have nothing to lose and you post some valid points on the board here.

So...............................call in. I've heard a lot of other schools coaches shows Kentucky for example and they get a ton of calls including some the coaches don't want to hear but that's part of the deal when you get a coaching job...you listen to and respect the fan base.

PBP

PBP said:

Not necessarily true. Media members often have a conflict of interest as in they are paid by a university and the school has the right to expect certain things. You try to balance that fact with some objectivity.

Fans don't have that conflict. If you think something is amiss call in, that's what the coaches show is actually designed and set up for. We've taken phone calls in the past.

Jerry and I (and Brad) have asked tough questions in the past but frankly you can only go so far. Again you have nothing to lose and you post some valid points on the board here.

So...............................call in. I've heard a lot of other schools coaches shows Kentucky for example and they get a ton of calls including some the coaches don't want to hear but that's part of the deal when you get a coaching job...you listen to and respect the fan base.

PBP

Just to be clear, not all media is paid by the university. Not saying Mark was lumping all media into one category, but it should be noted that print journalists and TV reporters are not affiliated with Idaho State.

Madison:

True. I was not in any way referring to the print area simply Myself, Jerry and Brad.

But thanks for clarifying.

PBP

Latest posts

Back