• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Offense rolls in 2nd scrimmage.

bengalcub

POCATELLO, Idaho – In Idaho State's final scrimmage of the spring season, the offense shined with Kevin Yost and Kyle Morris throwing a combined 53 passes completing 35 for 288 yards and three touchdowns.

Yost was 14 of 28 for 122 yards while Morris, a sophomore, went 21 of 25 for 166 yards passing.

“Our quarterbacks played just simply outstanding. There was awhile there that I didn't think Kevin (Yost) was going to throw an incompletion,” said Idaho State Head Coach Mike Kramer.

Read More:
http://www.isubengals.com/news/2011/4/23/FB_0423111507.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KPVI Video highlights:
http://www.kpvi.com/story.php?id=41546&n=15210

O_o goodness gracious, now if we can obtain a powerful offensive line...Yost will have all day to carve defenses apart!!!

A thing of beauty those one handed grabs.. Not a big fan of taking the helmet off in the end zone after scoring.. To much "look at me" in that celebration.

Go Bengals!

by 4ISUfans » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 pm

A thing of beauty those one handed grabs.. Not a big fan of taking the helmet off in the end zone after scoring.. To much "look at me" in that celebration.

Go Bengals!

I would have to agree! You play like you practice and practice how you play. Don't want to see stupid penalties like that at game time; It kills your momentum.

They were some nice grabs though :D

4ISUfans said:

Go Bengals!

Bah let the kids have some fun. You only play college football for 4-5 years out of an average lifespan of 73. It's college football, not the Tennessee School for Proper Manners and Gentry. If you can walk the walk, talk the talk. The other team's feelings are none of our concern. Go have some fun!

Great I can see it already. 15 yards on the Offense for unsportsmanlike conduct. Keep your helmet on your mouth shut show some discipline be professional and act like and adult. :x

RULE 9 Conduct of Players and Others Subject to the Rules
SECTION 2. Unsportsmanlike Conduct Fouls
Unsportsmanlike Acts
ARTICLE 1. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct or any act
that interferes with orderly game administration on the part of players,
substitutes, coaches, authorized attendants or any other persons subject to
the rules, before the game, during the game or between periods.
a. Specifically prohibited acts and conduct include:
1. No player, substitute, coach or other person subject to the rules shall
use abusive, threatening or obscene language or gestures, or engage
in such acts that provoke ill will or are demeaning to an opponent, to
game officials or to the image of the game, including but not limited
to:
(f) Removal of a player’s helmet before he is in the team area
(Exceptions: Team, media or injury timeouts; equipment
adjustment; through play; between periods; and during a
measurement for a first down).
If committed while the ball is alive, these fouls are treated as dead-ball
fouls.
PENALTY—Dead-ball foul or live-ball foul treated as dead-ball foul.
15 yards [S7 and S27] from the succeeding spot.

By all means have fun, have a great time playing the game. Just do it with your helmet on and in a way that won't hurt the team. Personally I'm just not a fan of the " look at me " celebrations that have taken over the game, especially the NFL.

To each his own I suppose. I'd like to see this become a frequent occurrence every Saturday!

Bengals in the endzone for a TD early and often!

Go Bengals!

ISU was penalized for the most yards per game of any team in conference last season. So by all means, if you want to continue the trend of no discipline, then please remove your helmet and celebrate wildy after each touchdown.

Keep in mind, the NCAA passed a new rule last week about celebrations and taunting. If you begin to celebrate or taunt before you even cross the end zone, the play is ruled dead and yardage is marked off from the point the taunting happens. So no TD.

Look, most of us get that these are subjective calls. Some I could do without. But the rules are there, so just do your job of scoring and then celebrate on the sideline.

'superfan' is all about the 'look-at-me'

it should come as no surprise he supports similar jackass behavior

jmho

Better an honest jackass than a fake good citizen, spartan my boy. I'll take the Miami Hurricanes over Notre Dame or BYU any day.

The NFL has seriously curbed that kind of behavior. Wes Welker, if you haven't forgotten, was fined 10k for making snow angels in the endzone. A perfectly harmless endeavor that didn't delay the game to the point of ridiculousness. There's a reason why it's called the "No Fun League" Don't get me wrong, if a celebration is like Chad Ochocinco's "Camera Stunt" or Terrell Owens' "Dance on the Star", throw the flag and kick them in the groin. But a little jig or a raucous celebration with the team is fun, energizing and kicks the momentum into high gear.

Besides, American football wasn't built on the fraternal mindset that rugby has. There aren't any celebrations in rugby like there are in football, mostly because you usually go drinking with the guys afterwords. American football was built on the rough-around-the-edges, raw spirit and individualism of the American spirit. And so it shall remain. Attempts by the NCAA and NFL to curb that spirit are silly.

What was the content of those penalties? Were they unsportsmanlike conduct or just stupid penalties due to a lack of discipline? Apples and oranges don't count

I'm just out at games to have fun and support the team. If people are entertained by it, great. If not, whatever. The flags? I just enjoy waving them. Adds atmosphere to a dome that's been lacking save for the "Solid 4.5", along with the stadium horns, the paint, the antics...be lucky I can't find an affordable air raid siren for soccer matches. I'm sorry if you're not having fun, Spartan, because I sure as hell am. And the countless pictures I've had taken with other people over the years suggests the majority of the fanbase thinks the same.

'superfan' - i believe you are an embarrasment and a joke

please graduate and go away.... better yet just go away

no one goes to the games to see you...

you just don't get it

:coffee: *sigh* nice try, but I'll always have the upper hand, worthy adversary...if it makes you feel better, I present my project in my research seminar this Thursday. Do well on that and the 15 pager, then I will have my degree work completed a full year early...finish out next spring and I'll be out of your hair. I don't know what gives you the right to judge me though, good sir...ah well, you're entertaining me and a LOT of my friends who are reading this right now :) thanks

In the meantime, just for you, spartan...

haters-1.gif

Anyways, the offense is lookin' nice, Roderick's catches were SIIIIIICCCCKKKK, and this is making everyone salivate for the summer practices in August, when everyone is eligible, ready, rested and rarin' to go 8-)

Latest posts

Back