• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Oklahoma Prediction...

spazdog1

Okay, so I missed predicting last week's game. Sorry. I was hoping that ASU would be crying in Dennis Erickson's beers Saturday. Oh well, on to Oklahoma...

I could predict this game like everyone else, you know based on players and stats.. But, I'm going at this different. I get carried away sometimes. I hope you can follow my train of thought...

ISU vs. Oklahoma Scorecard
*Musicals... Let's see, if my memory serves me correctly, "OKLAHOMA" was a musical. I'm not much of a fan of musicals. "Oliver" is okay and so is "South Pacific." But not "OKLAHOMA." Not at all! I'm from E. Idaho and so's ISU. I can't think of a single musical about ISU or E. Idaho or about me for that matter. Advantage goes to ISU.

*Mascots... The Sooners were a bunch of selfish land grabbers that left earlier than they were scheduled. The Bengals are tigers. Big, dangerous and powerful yet graceful cats. I graduated from Idaho Falls High School, thus a Tiger! Advantage goes to ISU.

*Football history... Both teams have won national championships in their respective divisions. The Sooners have a rich football history with lots of BCS $$$. The Bengals have football history. In fact, several fans in the past year or so think that ISU football should be history. (I am not one of them). Advantage goes to OU.

*Drought... When I think of Oklahoma, I think of poor folks and dust bowls. Speaking of bowls, they haven't so well in the bowl season for quite some time, have they. On the otherhand, ISU has had a drought of winning seasons in recent years. This is a push.

*Idaho Connections... Beginning with the epic game in Glendale, Arizona on Jan. 1, 2007, the Sooners have had problems with teams with Idaho connections. BSU's win followed by a Sooner loss to a Colorado team coached by former BSU coach, Dan Hawkins doesn't give good mojo to the Sooners. But if my memory serves me correctly, neither were home games for the Sooners. They have had a history to overlook "weaker" opponents from lessor conferences (see above). That hasn't been good for the Sooners. Still, since ISU is in the FCS division, I hate to say it, but Advantage to OU.

Well, it's getting late and my scorecard is tied, 2 to 2. So let's get to the bottom line. I factor in some common sense... OU is hurting at QB and they are missing one big bad receiver. But they have some crazy big and fast dudes. Lots of them. This pains me but ISU is in a nail biter only to come out short... 38 to 10. (The game is closer than the score. ISU throws in a twist... the Statue Right and a hook and lateral and lateral works).

I hope I'm wrong. Anyway, here's to a good, clean game with no injuries to either team! Go Bengals!

When will Zamberlin realize that we need a running game. Clint Knickeram is not going to carry us to many wins. Z inherited Josh Barnett his first year, then has not recruited anyone to replace him. Nothing against a walk on from Idaho Falls, but we need more.

We have Clint Knickrehm, Ben Laporta, Jordan Scott (injured), Stew Tracy (injured), Ethan Monroe (injured), Jalani Phillips (redshirt candidate), and Skylar Morgan (redshirt candidate).

Hopefully Ethan and Stew are back to 100%, and Jordan dressed last week but couldn't go.

ISUSID

Before we start putting the blame for the lack of running game at ASU on the running backs, lets have a reality check. First, a poor performance in the running game is not necessarily a running back problem. The offensive line has to block and the running backs have to make the correct reads. Additionally, the play calling from the coaching staff has to adjust to the situation. The coaching staff has already acknowledged that the play calling in the second half of the ASU game was conservative to prevent turnovers deep in their own territory and run time of the clock. It's hard to have a good performance in the running game when the player hands are tied by the play calls. Good execution can counter the conservative play calling, but against a much stronger oppenent, that is difficult. So before we start having a wake for the running game, let's evaluate it later, when we can compare apples to apples, i.e. Weber State. Besides, I seem to remember that Josh Barnett didn't exactly stand out in the Oregon State game several years ago when ISU got hammered in that game.

I know i said i wanted to be more of a realist a few months ago but i just can't bring myself to it yet. Every year I think we are going to win every game. I guess it is a sickness? These big games are a different animal. I hope we fight until the end and give it all we got each and every game. Anything can happen on any given Saturday. Here is to a good hard fought game! Go Bengals!

I want to see improvement this week Roar. I want to see a team that fights to the end, just like we saw last week. I want to see the little things fixed. I want to see good long snaps and good punt and kickoff coverage. I want to see a quarterback that throws the ball away and I want to see at least 3 ISU RB's get carries. I hope they spread the field on offense some and I hope to see a ton of screens and 3-5 yard routes with a deep ball on occasion. Don't let the Sooner D stack the box, spread em' out and give the boys a chance in space.

I think they get beat by 60+ folks, but that does not mean that they can't make progress this week. I really mean that.

Oklahoma 63 ISU 0

You aren't the only sucker. I will be paying $39.95 that I should not be spending right now. But, oh well, my family needs the Bengals more than they need food and shelter. Just ask them!

LMAO!!! I am laughing my guts out right now at you two. That is some funny stuff. I know i don't have the $$$ to ante up but i am sure come 5 pm i will be glued to the TV and minus the $39.95. Maybe i will go downtown to go sell some plasma. On a more serious note, i want to see more improvement as well. After playing today in a place like Oklahoma I don't think our players will ever crumble under pressure in the future. I wish them all the best today. Your very best is all we want as fans. Go Bengals!

Ya well I feel the same way.
I just ponied up $144 for ESPN gameplan.
But now I don't have to worry about going over to my uncle's house to watch it on his 28" tv.
Now I got it and can DVR it on my 50" Sony 3 LCD HD.

Like the recent posts, just show signs of improvement in all phases. ISU can be a better football team this week compared to their performance v. ASU last week and still get whacked. OU - 7TDs ISU - OTDs or the like is reasonable considering the talent and depth and speed and size disparities between the two programs.

Play hard for 60', play THROUGH the whistle on every play, avoid mental breakdowns, move the chains on O and force some 3 and outs on D, grab the guarantee check, and focus on Weber on the flight back.

Latest posts

Back