• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

On to ISU v. PSU

john_clayton

Okay. Now that the ISU/UM game is WAAAAYYY back in the rearview mirror, how about focusing the energies to ISU-PSU Senior Day/Kids under 12-Free day/Tailgate Party day, etc.

Based on BSC stats, ISU and PSU are close together near bottom on the BSC on a several offensive and defensive categories. I think PSU is going to try to jump on ISU early to get the emotion/crowd out of the game. The longer this game stays close, the better the chances for ISU to get a victory. Of course, if ISU gets off to a fast start, then kudos to them and hang on until the end. However, I see this game going down to the wire.

ISU is riding the confidence wave well into this week's preparation v. PSU. While I hope they can build onto what was started last week, I'm hoping they come into this week with the same attitude, urgency, and tenacity as if PSU were the #2 ranked FCS team in the country. It is reasonable to believe that some on the team could be complacent based on their previous performance, and I fear that could spill into the season finale.

The hunger and desire to put back-to-back solid efforts, to send the Seniors off on a positive note, and to get their first and only win of the 2009 campaign are essential come November 14. As 'cub and other posters on this board has mentioned previously, it doesn't take much to get fans excited about ISU football. Show improvement by minimizing mistakes, play every play through the whistle, set the tempo, move the chains on OFFENSE, get off the field on 3rd down on DEFENSE, create opportunities on SPECIAL TEAMS - and I can almost guarantee the crowd will be loud for 3+ hours, and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

It will be interesting to see how they come out. Was last week a one time fluke? We will see how they come out and play. Will we see progression or not?

I do know that i saw a sense of urgency and no quit on plays last week. It was very noticable in the O-line (where have you been all year) and in Knickrehm. Just my opinion, I think Clint got hit hard a few times in the 1st two games and kind of played timid until last week because he was mowing people over and fighting to get a few extra yards on every play. I must not forget the play calling. It kept me guessing throughout the game.

Just that bit of improvement has changed my view on this upcoming game. We get this one. I expect a win! Go Bengals!

GO BIG ORANGE..BEAT PORTLAND STATE!!! I am really looking forward to the game and I'm really hoping our Bengals will play as well as they played against Montana...Come on fans...let's do it again...See ya all Saturday!!! Let's be there to help turn the program around!!!!

This is one game that I feel pretty comfortable about us winning. I couldn't say that about the other games we've played thus far. It's the last game of the year, and I'd like to see the players give it all they've got and no taking plays off . We don't have anything to lose! According to today's Journal, PSU's passing attack has worsened substantially since earlier in the year when they beat No. Colorado. I wonder how our injury situation is; I wonder if there's any players who have been injured most of the year who will play on Saturday. Don't believe I've seen Jordan Scott play all year!

boisebengal said:
This is one game that I feel pretty comfortable about us winning.

I wish I had that same feeling, boise. I'd like to see ISU win this game, especially for the seniors, but, I don't know...something about this game doesn't "seem right."

One big factor in last week's game was that it was unusually spirited and noisy due largely in part to the Montana fans. Although ISU played very well, the large horde of UM fans definitely gave us Bengal rooters something to respond to.

Go Bengals! Let's make lots of noise tomorrow!

If we play like last week we will roll the vikes. This will be a 17+ point win. Clint will have a game of a lifetime and Hill will play out of his mind. I see the D having the best game in years! I will be watching on-line. The family and i planned to go but the little ones got sick. We are all bummed but we got a pizza and watching it online. Hope the dome roof raises! GO BENGALS!

Oh yea Krosch will have his best game too!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: ;)

Bengal Roar said:
If we play like last week we will roll the vikes. This will be a 17+ point win. Clint will have a game of a lifetime and Hill will play out of his mind. I see the D having the best game in years! I will be watching on-line. The family and i planned to go but the little ones got sick. We are all bummed but we got a pizza and watching it online. Hope the dome roof raises! GO BENGALS!

Oh yea Krosch will have his best game too!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: ;)

WE EFFIN WON!!! LOVE it!!!

Nice finish with the Seniors Ponciano, Knickrehm, and Huk executing the last 3 offensive plays with the setup, score and XP on the winning TD. It feels good to walk out of there with a win and two great games in a row.

Most all, congrats to the team and the seniors for a great win! Also, a pat on the back to us fans who stuck out the whole season and who were there cheering at the end. I waited to hear the team sing the Bengal fight song to the south side just like I did last years Sac State win. The fans that were there are the hard core of the hard core.

I see some talent for next year, Senegal, Krosch, Rumble, and others give me hope for a much better year next year. ISU is struggling as an institution so let's hope that the football team is a sign that things are going to turn around.

spudbowl said:
Most all, congrats to the team and the seniors for a great win! Also, a pat on the back to us fans who stuck out the whole season and who were there cheering at the end. I waited to hear the team sing the Bengal fight song to the south side just like I did last years Sac State win. The fans that were there are the hard core of the hard core.

I see some talent for next year, Senegal, Krosch, Rumble, and others give me hope for a much better year next year. ISU is struggling as an institution so let's hope that the football team is a sign that things are going to turn around.

Yes, definitely. Those guys came on strong this year. Also, there are several killer redshirt freshman this year who should get playing time and make impact next year as well. I see this program improving dramatically next season -- and the closing win is a great boost to their spirit.

Webcaster, it was just fine! Great angles and views. My family and i were in the computer room just watching it like we were there. My 7 yr. daughter said "Dad they finally won". Those kids are smarter than i thought. It was a fun night with the family!

Congrats on the win Bengal fans! With your last game wins in the last two seasons, you have ensured that my Bobcats are the only team in recent memory to go winless on the year (2000). :oops: Hang in there! You have some good, young talent on the team, and I still believe that Coach Z is your man. Keep in mind - after reading your board for a while, it sounds like the program gets very little support from the school, the city of Pocatello, and the boosters for that matter. Give Coach Z the tools he needs and he'll make you guys winners! Good luck next season - see you on the hardwood!

Latest posts

Back