• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

One of the BengalDen's Own Makes Good

isusid

Congrats are in order for VOTB....

http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080408aan.html

and please, please, please, accept my apologies for the crappy sound on the clip...we recorded it from an old cassette to my computer and didn't have time to tweak it. Still it's very cool.

ISUSID

A LOT of people WILL come back and/or listen becasue of him. He did a superb job and will again. Congrats Jerry! I called birdisu33 and told him and he said "about time". And with Brad as the color it is a great combo. We are getting are groove back.

I really liked Russ and thought he did a good job with the pre-game and was a very good play by play guy. But Jerry Miller is the BEST basketball play by play guy that I've heard (and is very good in football). I bet he will miss the women's bb games since he really seemed to enjoy that.

Welcome to the ASISU Minidome...as the Bengals move left to right across your radio dial...the pass falls harmlessly to the turf. I grew up on many Millerisms.

Need I say more? Throw in Brad Bugger for consistency and all will be good!

VOTB he truly is!!!

Congrats to you VOTB!!!

"For it was on that day that the words were given their right place and in him they are seated, for he carries the words of the Bengal in his soul." Chron 8:04

Congratulations VOTB, and I'm sure you'll do a great job as ISU play-by-play announcer! In fact, I was hoping all along that you'd eventually get back on as play-by-play announcer for the Bengals, considering what kind of job you've done for ISU in the past. Sorry we've had so many lousy years in football and men's basketball that you had to endure through back in the 80's and early 90's, and hopefully we won't have too many of those in the future! Losing starts to wear and tear on a person after a while!! BTW, the article at isubengals.com stated that you did play-by-play for ISU until 1994, but honestly I could have sworn that Fox was doing it back in '93. Because I had moved to Boise from Memphis in that year, and I thought he was doing it back then, because I was listening to all the games back then as well.

In football...93 was my last season, and 93-94 year was my last for men's basketball....thanks for the kind words from you all. I'm totally psyched to be back...and yes...I will miss women's hoops a GREAT deal!

VOTB, I will miss you calling the women's games. I listened to every one that I could (whenever the men weren't playing)! I love how you call games, and how it is (pardon my bluntness) biased TOWARDS us! It's a Bengal network listened to by Bengal fans run by K-ISU! That's the way it should be! Am looking forward to your broadcasts and running behind you whenever you call the men's games!

Interesting that Russ Eisenstein is calling plays for Baby Brother! He shoulda stayed here, Ohio University and Peden Stadium isn't nearly as glamourous as the Horseshoe or even Nippert Stadium at Cinncinatti.

No hard feelings Russ, I'll miss ya! You were fun!

Jerry, congrats and see you in 3 weeks when the season starts!

Latest posts

Back