• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

One Who Got Away

Skippy

Just happened to notice that Weber State running back C.J. Tuckett, who is from Malta, Idaho (Division 1-A, in case you are wondering) won back-to-back Big Sky offensive player of the week honors after rushing for 465 yards and 8 touchdowns in the last two weeks of the season. He started his career at Weber as a walk-on, and when ISU played in Ogden earlier this year, he was fourth on the depth chart at tailback. Talk about a sleeper.

Skippy, didn't you know that if you're a tailback from Idaho, no matter the level, you're not good enough to play..? When he was in HS, I had heard from numerous people there was a mighty mite playing RB at the 1A school, and he was a baller.. Congrats to him for proving it!! I tell all the HS kids I know not to be afraid to walk on in hopes of earning a scholarship.. If you're good enough, you'll get one eventually, but it is all up to you.--

The older I get and the more I watch football, the more apparent it becomes to me that the No. 1 attribute for a good football player is passion for the game Somebody told me that Jahmel Rover ran a 4.37 40 during the timing drills the Bengals had during their off week. And yet he is no longer with the program. All the "measurables" are nice, but give me a young man with passion for the game.

Good point Skippy..

I'd add one more: a player who is coachable and respectful is an asset to a program. Soon as a player thinks he knows it all and has no respect for authority... he's finished growing as an athlete.

I'm cautiously optimistic that next year we will see positive growth and improvement in the program.

tuffgong said:
Skippy, didn't you know that if you're a tailback from Idaho, no matter the level, you're not good enough to play..? When he was in HS, I had heard from numerous people there was a mighty mite playing RB at the 1A school, and he was a baller.. Congrats to him for proving it!! I tell all the HS kids I know not to be afraid to walk on in hopes of earning a scholarship.. If you're good enough, you'll get one eventually, but it is all up to you.--

I know I dont post on here much but.... Who is says if your an RB from ID your not good enough to play??

Just off the top of my head... what about "the Mackey missile" or Isaac Mitchell from Poky. Thats not to mention Meryl Hoge (even though that was a 100 years ago). Im sure there was more though

Latest posts

Back