• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Opening Night

Skippy

Bengals open with a tough one against New Mexico in "the pit." It seems too early to start the regular season already, but maybe it's because we are all still engaged in football this year. :D

EWU's opening game is already in the books. They opened at home this morning at 8:00 local time, and they bribed the students to come out with free EWU slippers and donuts. :lol:

I was there....1623 announced attendance....I'm here for tonites game against Gonzaga and decided to catch a morning dose of hoops

That was the "announced" attendance...now I'm wondering how many people were actually in the seats?

PBP

sacstateman said:
I was there....1623 announced attendance....I'm here for tonites game against Gonzaga and decided to catch a morning dose of hoops

I was there....approximately 1632 were there

Anybody watch the ISU - New Mexico game last night? I was surprised to see Justin Smith's name in the box score. Did he really play or was that A typo?

I watched it. I saw Justin Smith for a bit in the box score when I was watching the game. I think it happened when Bradley entered the game.

I went from being totally angry in the first half to cautiously optimistic by the end of the game. ISU shot horrible in the first half and gave up 5-10 dunks in the first half off of poor rotations on D. The offense looked way out of sync the first 10 min or so.

Midway through the 1st half and 2nd half the team played quite a bit better. Especially in the 2nd half. They actually rebounded the ball well but really struggled hitting from deep where they had a ton and I mean ton of good looks beyond the arc. ISU shot dreadful from the FT line, too. But they played hard and actually seemed like they got a step quicker offensively as they game wore on.

Ian Fox was launching treys like a madman but I loved the fact that he kept shooting. He can really handle the ball and does some nice things on defense. He played a ton and I always hope to see that when you burn a RS year on a kid. I think he is pretty darn good--still wish he did not have to play along with Geno.

Hansen pushed the issue too much last night and looked out of control but very aggressive. Solarin looked smooth as silk the whole game. They get nothing and I mean nothing out of Magot. Slavik has a nice tough inside for a big fella. I would expect him to start playing more. He just looks like a much better offensive player. Wilson did not play bad and as long as he drives to the basket he has a chance to produce a few baskets. I don't see him scoring much more than 6-8 points per game.

It looks like this team is going to struggle a ton to score this year. But they looked quite a bit better than they must have looked in the exhibitions. I didn't see either of the games, I only listened to them. But I will say they looked like they improved as the game went along.

Regretfully I don't see this team winning more than five games this year. If you cannot hit the three or defend the three it will be a long year. Hope I am proved way wrong.

I was there. Great analysis Bengalcub.
Justin Smith was not there. Like cub said they prob got him mixed up with Marcus who played about 10 min.
I agree.... Offense sputtered but they did have a lot of really good looks. Shots just weren't falling.
Solarin is a beast and was the only real bright spot I saw.
Ian handled the ball well and had some nice assists but went (0-10) shooting and like 0-8 from 3. That won't happen too often.
New Mex definitely made things tough for Hansen! ISU better find another scoring punch from the outside!

Latest posts

Back