• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Orange & Black Night RADIO BROADCAST!

PBP

On October 26th at seven PM at Reed Gym "Orange & Black" night will be held. Admission is free.

Over the next hour that night, both the men's and women's basketball team will hold 10 minute scrimmages and have contests and when it's all over they'll be available to meet the fans, sign autographs and so forth.

Would love to see as many fans as possible that evening and if you come BRING YOUR RADIO. KISU (FM 91.5) will be broadcasting the event as I, and hopefully Brad Bugger get the chance to talk to Seton Sobolewski, Bill Evans, players and some special guests about the upcoming season in Bengal basketball. (I do not know at this point if the broadcast will be streamed on Stretch Internet...)

It'll be a fun time for sure and we'll get a sense of how everyone is feeling with the regular season starting in early November. I know the women's program couldn't be in better hands and the staff is already reminding the players how tough it is to repeat but how special it is to accomplish when it does happen.

With a little luck and avoiding injuries the women should be right there in the thick of things with an excellent chance to do it again.

Anyway just wanted to let you know that we will be broadcasting the event and hopefully as Steve Schaak said this is something we'll be able to do every year. :D

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2012/10/3/MBB_1003122634.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PBP

I've been told by Sports Information that the Orange and Black night broadcast will be available on Stretch Internet for those who'd like to listen to the activities and interviews but can't pick up KISU-FM 91.5

PBP

PBP said:
I've been told by Sports Information that the Orange and Black night broadcast will be available on Stretch Internet for those who'd like to listen to the activities and interviews but can't pick up KISU-FM 91.5

PBP

KISU is at 91.1 in Pocatello...........91.3 in Idaho Falls...........and 88.1 in the Upper Snake River Valley (north of Rigby)

Hope to see you tonight at the Orange & Black event. Should be a good time and get everyone ready for next week's exhibition games.

PBP

I plan to be there with my son's family. The grandkids are excited about going. It's always good to see an event through the eyes of a kid. They remind me to see the fun in everything. I'm really looking forward to the new b-ball seasons for both men & women. Go Bengals!

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight. It was a good time. See you Thursday night for the men's exhibition game at Reed Gym at 7PM and then next Saturday at high NOON (note the start time) for the ISU women against a very good Colorado State-Pueblo team. (They won 21 games last year and made the Division II playoffs.)

PBP

I tried to listen on Stretch, but the audio was very low (and it hasn't been archived yet)... Any insight from the night -- i.e. who will start, who looked good, positions...?

Unfortunately, SLC, Mark and I were too busy interviewing coaches and players to pay attention to what was going on on the court. Very hard for me to draw any conclusions. I do think Bill Evans will keep ISU competitive with his style of play -- long possessions offensively with a heavy focus on getting good shots, and getting back defensively and forcing opponents to work to get good looks. ISU will be best served by games in the 50s, not the 70s.

The women have plenty of talent and experience, but they are going to have to find someone to take the big shots that Chelsea Pickering typically took, and they are going to have to develop some depth on the bench. I think the talent is there, but there is a big "experience" gap between the four returning starters and the players who are going to have to step up and make big contributions as the season progresses. Seton has proven he's one of the best coaches in the league, it will be fun to see how he gets this team ready to defend a championship.

PS--I posted this on the "other sports" board, but congratulations to Bengals Amanda Ellsworth and Rachel Strawn who were named to the Big Sky soccer all-conference first team today. Ellsworth was named co-MVP. Allison Gibson will get heavy consideration for coach of the year. Great job, ladies, let's win that conference tournament this weekend. :D

I'd also add to what Skippy posted that the ineligibility of Sherrod Baldwin for the first semester changes the dynamic for Bill. He was one of the few returning players who had been around the circuit and could provide some leadership. The men have a whole lot of newcomers that Bill had to blend together. That's not easy.

For the women I noticed (granted it was only a scrimmage) but some of the bench players like Becca Shrimpshire and Jess Jensen looked very good. Both made some solid moves that I wouldn't have seen last year.

PBP

Latest posts

Back