• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Orange Holt

Webcaster

What do you think of an orange field at Holt? Eastern Washington is going Red

http://www.ktvb.com/sports/Wash-university-close-to-installing-red-turf-on-its-football-field-82966827.html

thats a great idea - we win what? 2 games in two years? buying an orange rug should go right to the front of the line in priority for the football team and athletics in general becasue it will solve all the problems with athletics and football and everything...

of course you could have been making a bit of a joke - if thats the case you succeeded

Webcaster said:
What do you think of an orange field at Holt? Eastern Washington is going Red

http://www.ktvb.com/sports/Wash-university-close-to-installing-red-turf-on-its-football-field-82966827.html

I think it's a great idea to get new turf. The ol' Astroturf really scrapes off the skin and is a deterrent to recruiting. They redid the Tacoma Dome for about 850K using PureGrass (nice stuff). Orange? Nah.....copycat and would surely cost more.

Now, I realize 850K is a lot of money, but maybe this year the sacrifice games could be for football expenses and not shared so broadly? Just a thought. Heck, Georgia alone would probably cover more than half.

Personally, I think the NCAA should get on top of this colored-turf issue before it gets out of hand. Blue...now red, even the thought of orange makes me cringe...it would just be an expensive gimmick...follow the crowd kinda thing. Yellow, pink, turquoise, gold...where would it end?

The turf we have has it's issues, but until they can come up with a workable solution to our having to take the turf up all the time we will have live with it. For it's time it was great turf that was not directional, that was the issue with earlier turfs, they became directional with time. Compared to what NAU, Idaho, and Portland used to play on, it is still great stuff. Yes, field turf is better, but we still have two years of expected life in the turf we have, we should use that time to put the money aside for new turf development. As for colored turf, if it is as hard to watch a game on as Boise's, no thanks.

BSU has an unfair advantage in my opinion using the blue turf. The players blend right in with the turf. I guess until they change the rules it is okay but hard to watch imo.

What about teams like Marshall that play on a green turf with all green uni's? That argument is lacking.. Fact is, an orange, black, or white field, would be an embarrassment to ISU.. Let's gear up for a new green Field Turf, or Astro Play in a few years.. $750,000 to 1 million is what we are looking at..

Latest posts

Back