• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

OT: Idaho contract extensions

Skippy

The State Board is meeting in Lewiston today and they will consider contract extensions for Idaho football Coach Paul Petrino and basketball Coach Don Verlin. Some interesting detail:
--Petrino will be, by far, the highest paid football coach in the Big Sky, and perhaps in all of FCS. The new contract will run through 2020 and pay him a base salary of $191K with an annual "media payment" of $255 K. If he hits all of his incentives, his maximum annual compensation would be about $696 K.

I would expect Petrino to be on the lookout for FBS head coaching opportunities, but he will be very handsomely compensated as an FCS coach in the interim. (By way of comparison, I believe Mike Kramer is making about $164 K not to Coach this year for ISU and Rob Phoenicie is at a base salary of about $85 K. Don't know what their media payout or incentives include).

--Verlin's contract extension would run through 2021 and would include a base salary ranging from $185k in the first year, gradually rising to $208 K in 2020-2021. He also gets an annual media payout of $60 K. According to the info Idaho provided to the SBOE, Weber State's Randy Rahe is currently the highest paid coach in the league with a base salary of $192 K. ISU's Bill Evans is the lowest at $108K. Again, I don't know what kind of media or incentive packages they get.

I'm fairly certain the media incentives at ISU are paltry compared to the ones you referenced.

....I'm sure I read " somewhere "....ISU spends ALL their media money on our great announcers.....so there is barely anything left for the coaches.......--now come on boys....votb, skippy, etc....don't threaten a suspension when you know I was just teasing ...... :rofl: :rofl:......

Skippy said:
The State Board is meeting in Lewiston today and they will consider contract extensions for Idaho football Coach Paul Petrino and basketball Coach Don Verlin. Some interesting detail:
--Petrino will be, by far, the highest paid football coach in the Big Sky, and perhaps in all of FCS. The new contract will run through 2020 and pay him a base salary of $191K with an annual "media payment" of $255 K. If he hits all of his incentives, his maximum annual compensation would be about $696 K.

I would expect Petrino to be on the lookout for FBS head coaching opportunities, but he will be very handsomely compensated as an FCS coach in the interim. (By way of comparison, I believe Mike Kramer is making about $164 K not to Coach this year for ISU and Rob Phoenicie is at a base salary of about $85 K. Don't know what their media payout or incentives include).

--Verlin's contract extension would run through 2021 and would include a base salary ranging from $185k in the first year, gradually rising to $208 K in 2020-2021. He also gets an annual media payout of $60 K. According to the info Idaho provided to the SBOE, Weber State's Randy Rahe is currently the highest paid coach in the league with a base salary of $192 K. ISU's Bill Evans is the lowest at $108K. Again, I don't know what kind of media or incentive packages they get.

Only $85K for Phoenicie?

Petrino is 17-37 in his 5th year at Moscow, he has had one winning season.

Good pay for such a record. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Petrino

spudbowl said:

With a three more years of job security to boot.

The Missouri Tigers certainly are as unimpressed as we are. Please check the score at half time of that game. Missouri (1-5 before the game started) could probably put up 100 points if they wanted to. :D

Skippy said:
spudbowl said:

With a three more years of job security to boot.

Latest posts

Back