• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

OT: Teichert Resigns

Skippy

Quite a surprise. Chad has done a wonderful job with the volleyball program. Best of luck to my next door neighbor as he moves back to his Wyoming roots.

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2015/4/10/WTRACK_0410151733.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sad to see him go. He did great things with the program, but it sounds like he might be easing off the year-round volleyball schedule. Good luck to him.

I hope David Hyte has been contacted. He helped Chad turn things around, then went to Houston for a couple years. This last year he was an assistant for BYU, and they played for the national championship. No matter who, the new coach will get a good program coming in thanks to Chad.

http://byucougars.com/staff/w-volleyball/david-hyte" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surprise, for sure.

Still, I like the direction of women's athletics at ISU... soccer, softball, volleyball and basketball have all ahd something to crow about in recent years.

Agreed, bio. Nice to see a coach leave on his own and be as classy as Teichert.

http://www.localnews8.com/video/teichert-explains-resignation-from-isu/32437428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does it worry anyone else that a coach can earn more at the highschool level than division1 college? Good men are hard to find, let alone good coaches.
Props to Coach T for what he did for ISU.

Wow, leaving because of money and going to a high school to teach and coach. What do you pay our women's VB coach?

spudbowl said:
Wow, leaving because of money and going to a high school to teach and coach. What do you pay our women's VB coach?
It was more a pension issue: Chad told me he could add a significant amount of money to his Wyoming pension if he taught there three more years. Of course, Wyoming, with its oil and gas revenues, pays its teachers much better than Idaho does, and has a much better state pension plan. And nobody is going to get rich coaching volleyball in the Big Sky.

Chad actually has turned down a job at another Big Sky school and stayed at ISU. He's certainly not leaving because he is unhappy here. Chad, like me at ISU, is what is known as a Non-Classified employee. We do not get to take part in the Idaho State retirement system, all we get to retire on is what we can salt away in a 401K or some other kind of private plan. The state does contribute to our plans, but there's a limit. Chad had worked for over 20 years in the Wyoming system with a generous pension coming, only enhanced by going back there to finish his career, in beautiful Star Valley, no less. We were lucky to have him. He was a great hire. Let's hope his next one is, too.

I'm surprised nothing has been mentioned about the hiring of the new volleyball coach, Rick Reynolds. Wait and see attitude?

Latest posts

Back