• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

OT: the cost of compliance

Skippy

The Idaho Statesman has an interesting article today on what it's going to cost Boise State to add baseball. (I can't link it from my phone but you can find it on the Statesman web site). Studies BSU has done conclude it will cost about $2.5 million total to add baseball -- including about $1 million in increased spending on women's programs to remain in compliance with Title IX. If you are interested in how these kinds of decisions are made, check out the article. It is based largely on internal BSU studies the paper obtained through a public records request.

One particularly interesting note is that BSU plans to fund part of this expansion with state funds. It will be interesting to see how the State Board responds to that approach.

The article did state that the only reason that BSU dropped wrestling so that they could add baseball is so that they'd be more attractive to other conferences should these conferences wish to expand. I will say that there's absolutely no way that they'll ever be invited into the Pac-12 -- they don't have the academics there and the research.

boisebengal said:
The article did state that the only reason that BSU dropped wrestling so that they could add baseball is so that they'd be more attractive to other conferences should these conferences wish to expand. I will say that there's absolutely no way that they'll ever be invited into the Pac-12 -- they don't have the academics there and the research.

I could see Boise in the Big 12 sometime in the future, especially if Texas and Oklahoma leave. The thing about BSU athletics is they are always aggressive, always planning the next move and always expecting to succeed. Sure they have some bumps in the road and they irritate people along the way. It irritates me to see so much BSU gear in Eastern Idaho. But you have to give them credit for always being aggressive and expecting to succeed.

Latest posts

Back