• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

OT: Volleyball Doing Well

Skippy

I know Boise Bengal has a post on this on the "other sports" board, but I always think it's fun to share good things about the athletic program in a place where more folks will see it. The ISU women's volleyball team took No. 9 BYU (who made it to the NCAA championship game last year) to five sets before losing in Provo last night. The Bengals were coming off a 4-0 week in which they swept the Boise State invitational. It looks like Rick Reynolds is off to a very good start as the new coach.

On a side note, the Bengal volleyball team has commitments from two local players, one from Century and another from Idaho Falls. (That Century women's program, coached by former Bengal Pauline Semons Thiros, is a monster -- they have four players committed to D-1 programs so far, and they are on pace to win their sixth straight state title.)

I watched the replay of the match at BYU last night. After they laid a big egg in the first set, they handled BYU in the next two to take a 2-1 lead. Ended up losing a close 5th set 12-15. One of the highlights of the broadcast (which I DVR'd so I could watch it again) was a solo shot of ISU SuperFan Ross Cunningham alone in a section of the bleachers doing a "Bengal dance". It was hilarious. It was Ross! Wish we had more rabid fans like him.

votb said:
I watched the replay of the match at BYU last night. After they laid a big egg in the first set, they handled BYU in the next two to take a 2-1 lead. Ended up losing a close 5th set 12-15. One of the highlights of the broadcast (which I DVR'd so I could watch it again) was a solo shot of ISU SuperFan Ross Cunningham alone in a section of the bleachers doing a "Bengal dance". It was hilarious. It was Ross! Wish we had more rabid fans like him.

There truly is only one Ross. :thumb:

BYU-TV came up to me before the game and asked me to put on a show, so I couldn't help but feel obliged ;) I'm certain I had plenty of the Cougar fans stunned that one little guy was able to out-yell most of the student section for much of the game! It was a lot of fun to be down there--they were outstanding hosts and had nothing but good things to say about our team.

Speaking of which, what an incredible game the Bengals played last night! Just an amazing game, and to think the season is still young--we haven't even begun conference play yet!

Bengals just finished their game with #6 USC and kept within striking distance for much of the match (1st Set: 25-20, 2nd Set: 25-22, 3rd Set 25-18). To mount a good effort against another Top 10 team after dropping a heartbreaker two nights prior to #9 BYU shows the willpower of this team and coaching staff. Hopefully we can keep building on the chemistry we've developed and take the BigSky by storm. The South Division is once again shaping up to be a tough one, with NAU, SUU and Sac all sporting some great programs this season.

For those interested, you can catch ISU's night game against Utah State tonight at 6pm our time. Links are open on the Volleyball section of the website.

Latest posts

Back