• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Outstanding Win for the Women

Skippy

The Bengals denied Idaho a share of the Big Sky championship with an 89-68 thrashing of the Vandals on senior night. Brooke Blair had 24 points, including five treys, Appiphany Woods had 21 on 9 of 11 shooting, and Lindsey Brown was huge off the bench with 16 points. Both ISU post players, Anna Lee Policicchio and Tressa Lyman, picked up three fouls in the first half, but neither fouled out and they combined for 13 rebounds and nine blocks.

The Bengals play Northern Colorado, a team they lost to twice by a total of 3 points, at 1 pm MT on Monday in the first round of the Big Sky tournament. Go Bengals!

Awesome job for the Bengals! Overall winning season! Good luck against UNC, and if they can advance, I bet they're not too intimidated to take on MSU in the next round on a neutral court.

By the way, how did Woods do tonight? I'm just remembering Newlee trashing her after the final game last season. :D

Spud:

Apiphany looked like the Apiphany from last year...confident, aggressive, tough. Had a great game tonight.

This and that...

ISU now 71-22 at home the past seven seasons. That's a .763 win percentage, second best in the Big Sky behind Montana despite playing the fewest home games out of any team in the Big Sky over that time frame.

ISU beat both Boise St. and Idaho this year. Guess that's makes them the "unofficial" state champions! LOL.

Despite injuries to two key starters for the year, despite a tough non conference schedule, despite six conference losses by a total of 12 points, ISU has a winning record in the regular season.

Well done players and coaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you Bengal fans and supporters!

PBP

“Hats off to Idaho State,” head coach Jon Newlee said of his former team. “They made their shots. When they were open they knocked them down. I have never seen them shoot like that all year and we have seen a lot of their games. They were home on Senior Night. That is what happens here. I know. I have been through enough of them.

“The real prize is Reno and we are well aware of that. We will regroup and get ready to play in the tournament.”

PBP

BengalBannMan said:
Hey Skippy... can you say "Sleeper Team". Come on man... let me hear you say it. :D
Hey nobody is playing better than the Bengals right now. They certainly are not going to be intimidated by anybody after taking the top seed to OT, and beating the Nos. 2 and 3 seeds.

Back handed compliment. He's a smug loser. It'll be fun to beat them AGAIN if they make it to the Championship like us after we beat Montana State and avenge the overtime loss. :-) Go Bengals!

Classy moves last night by ISU honoring Idaho's seniors as well as playing Canadian National Anthem for Anna Lee. Well done!

PBP

PBP said:
Classy moves last night by ISU honoring Idaho's seniors as well as playing Canadian National Anthem for Anna Lee. Well done!

PBP

That's something that's become standard across the conference the last 6 or 7 years. I don't know how it started, though.

mvem said:
PBP said:

PBP

That's something that's become standard across the conference the last 6 or 7 years. I don't know how it started, though.

MVEN:

For what it's worth I've covered eight seasons now of "Senior Day's / Night's" and the only other conference school I've ever seen honor the seniors from the opposing team besides ISU was No. Colorado when Jamie White was the head coach. Regarding playing an international player's National Anthem, the only BSC school I've seen do it in the same time frame, has been ISU for Ash Vella (Australia) and Anna Lee (Canada.)

PBP

PBP said:
mvem said:
PBP said:

PBP

MVEN:

For what it's worth I've covered eight seasons now of "Senior Day's / Night's" and the only other conference school I've ever seen honor the seniors from the opposing team besides ISU was No. Colorado when Jamie White was the head coach. Regarding playing an international player's National Anthem, the only BSC school I've seen do it in the same time frame, has been ISU for Ash Vella (Australia) and Anna Lee (Canada.)

PBP

Montana has done it for the last several years (the senior thing, not the national anthem thing), and I believe it's happened at least a couple times when the Lady Griz have finished on the road. The first time I recall seeing it was in Greeley back in 2010.

Latest posts

Back