• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Pack the Dome!

Bengal Roar

Wow! PROUD TO BE A BENGAL! !!!!!!! Lets fill the dome folks. There shouldn't be any reason that we can't. Huge game this week.
Tomorrow we go back to the drawing board. And we as fans need to do our part as to how we pack the dome. We owe it to ourselves and especially the team. Go Bengals

I couldn't agree more with you. We need the home field advantage this week. Talk about the game with all your friends this week and get as many people there as possible. These guys deserve the support from the community. They have worked their tails off to get where they are now. Lets pack the dome!!!!

Yes! I might even buy an extra ticket or two to give to someone who I know would attend! Let's pack it!

The night before, Eagle comes to play Highland. Kinda cool that Eagle's coach, Paul Peterson, will be in the house and he was the last QB to lead ISU to the playoffs. Gino Mariani followed him as QB and has done great at Highland. Next weekend is a football junkie's dream!

How 'bout volleyball leading the conference? Soccer beat Weber and made the tournament!

It's ALWAYS a great time to be a Bengal!

I have been waiting for this for years!!!!! Unfortunately my grandmother passed away and her funeral will be held Saturday in Oregon. I will have the laptop setup with the family after the funeral. Hopefully the TV issues are better.Several members of the family are Bengals dating back to the beginning. I have turned the canon over to a trusted fill in so it will be fired before the game.

I'm guessing the crowd will approach 10k.. I'm hoping for a capacity crowd vs. Weber so we can take out all of our frustrations on them in front of 12+k.!

I'm crossing my fingers for a 10k crowd, as well. If the school promotes this the right way...it'll be packed!

votb said:
If the school promotes this the right way...it'll be packed!

this is an example of an oxymoron, right? does ISU even have a marketing person?

10,000? maybe if it was a night game. afternoon game means about 7,000.

I suggest you call Marketing and Promotions at this number (208-282-5781) and give them your best suggestions. Good fans always want to help, and good employees should be open to positive suggestions. Of course anything you suggest must fit into the limited budget available.

FYI, a few figures:

Avg attendance for 2014: 5667 (6904 for conference opponents)

High attendance in the past few years:
2013: 7568
2012: 7882
2011: 8288
2010: 6626

2003: 11434
2002: 10419

Being a father of two daughters that are very active in sports I really appreciate night games and apparently so do most fans at Cal Poly to the point of about 25% bigger crowds at night. I might miss watching this game on Big Sky TV because my youngest daughter has her soccer Jamboree this weekend. I do not know why schools like Cal Poly and Idaho State that struggle to fill the stands schedule day games for any other reason than to accommodate the game being televised. Is this game televised?

Not televised in the sense of it being on a commercial station. Outside of a game every so often on Altitude (when they had the Big Sky contract) or now Root Sports, ISU has never had a locally produced and televised game since I've been here in 1993 that I know of.

PBP

I've been working with the ticket office to sell tickets through our employees association here in Idaho Falls and they said the public is responding well. They are seeing a lot of "new customers." I've sold over 100 tickets here in the last day, and I just got off the phone to order more.

Go Bengals!

The interest is out there. People are talking about the football team in a positive light for the first time in years. I have had several people tell me that they are going to the game and it will be their
first game in years. ISU needs to work to find these people and make it easy to buy tickets. If there are not 10,000 people in the stands at a minimum, then something is wrong.

This is great to read. Bengals fans are a resilient bunch and I believe they will show up for this team. My guess around 8,000. I will be in front of the TV with my laptop hooked into it for the bigger picture.

Regardless of all the debates that we have on here, all fans deserve to have this excitement and it is refreshing to see so much of it.

Go Bengals!!!

slostang said:
Being a father of two daughters that are very active in sports I really appreciate night games and apparently so do most fans at Cal Poly to the point of about 25% bigger crowds at night. I might miss watching this game on Big Sky TV because my youngest daughter has her soccer Jamboree this weekend. I do not know why schools like Cal Poly and Idaho State that struggle to fill the stands schedule day games for any other reason than to accommodate the game being televised. Is this game televised?
I get to watch the first 30 minutes of the game and then leave for soccer. I am hoping to get back for the last 30 minutes. I really wish this game started at 6:00 pm.

slostang said:
slostang said:
I get to watch the first 30 minutes of the game and then leave for soccer. I am hoping to get back for the last 30 minutes. I really wish this game started at 6:00 pm.

Good luck to your daughter's soccer team -- but not to the Mustangs. :D

...Skippy....or someone....does anyone know if the Dome is having any "specials"?.....they used to have a "family" deal....4 folks for $ 40....4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 pops....or two for the price of one in a certain section, etc.....anything like that happening?....I would be glad to shoot an email out to my fellow employees tomorrow.....and something like that might help some of them....

Latest posts

Back